Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a promark xt2500 winch and mounting plate today for my 2013 Polaris 500HO Touring and had some questions on the mount plate. The mount instructions say orientate so winch cable pulls off the top. But the winch instructions say it should be at the bottom.

With it installed like the winch directions the cable rubs on the brace bars that are on the winch. I am wondering if this is ok, the cable looks to be too sharp of angles to get it to come out the front. I attached a picture to show better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The cable should definitely run off the spool from the bottom but not the way it is in the picture. Check the mounting plate and see if it's upside down. From the picture it it looks like the 45 degree bend in the bracket on the left top side of the picture is where the plow bolts go, if you install them, which is supposed to be on the bottom. If there is two holes in it then I think it may be upside down. I just installed a winch on a new sportsman 400 and I had to rotate the winch to make it fit in right. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts