Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nothing stock but Polaris sells 2500 and 3500 lb. winches. I went 3500 just to be safe

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think the XP touring LE modles come with the pure polaris 2500lb winch.. I have the same one on my touring.. Its the heaviest atv they make and its served me well for 3 years without failure if that helps you at all..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the XP touring LE modles come with the pure polaris 2500lb winch.. I have the same one on my touring.. Its the heaviest atv they make and its served me well for 3 years without failure if that helps you at all..
The 850 are not prewired correct? Do you have to pre wire in order to hook the winch up to the battery, or can you just hook the winch up directly to the battery since its in the front rack?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have the XP touring so I'm not much help in answering your question.. My touring came from the factory wired for a winch.. I seem to recall that some years of the regular xp did as well.. I don't remember when they stopped prewiring.. With the Touring, the battery is in the rear under the passenger seat.. The contactor is also mounted in the rear.. I imagine they stopped pre-wiring the 1-up XP's since the battery is right there in the front and easy to deal with..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I believe all XP LE's come with 2500lb Winches.

when I bought my Regular 850 Touring, I go the to throw the winch in, but I had to install it. its not really pre-wired, but the Polaris winch comes with enough wire in it to not need anything else. the control block bolts to the rad. support and the power wire runs up the battery. the other wires from the block run down to the winch.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have the XP touring so I'm not much help in answering your question.. My touring came from the factory wired for a winch.. I seem to recall that some years of the regular xp did as well.. I don't remember when they stopped prewiring.. With the Touring, the battery is in the rear under the passenger seat.. The contactor is also mounted in the rear.. I imagine they stopped pre-wiring the 1-up XP's since the battery is right there in the front and easy to deal with..
Have a 13 850 touring. What year is yours?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Mine is a 2010 and it came from the factory with the yellow and blue wires from front to back for the winch.. It was nice because all of the routing had been done the right way and it was neatly tucked into the harness with the rest of the wiring.. I guess they stopped all together in the last few years.. Would have figured they'd keep doing it with the tourings.. Oh well.. I'm sure its not that difficult to run the wires..

·
Registered
595 Posts
The 850 are not prewired correct? Do you have to pre wire in order to hook the winch up to the battery, or can you just hook the winch up directly to the battery since its in the front rack?
It's easy to install, you'll need to order a mount plate, KFI is a great company that has the mount you will need. There is a contactor in the wiring, so it doesn't wire directly to the battery, the instructions will give you an idea, and you can usually find a site that has the mounting instructions. I also pulled up the Polaris instructions, there are mounting holes f the contactor on the front frame just behind the radiator.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know you said oem but I highly recommend the badlands 3k lbs winch from harbor freight with a kfi mount. Works great and the winch is only about $100

2013 Sportsman 550 pursuit camo

Badlands 3000lbs winch

Atv-Guru Front Brush Guard

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's easy to install, you'll need to order a mount plate, KFI is a great company that has the mount you will need. There is a contactor in the wiring, so it doesn't wire directly to the battery, the instructions will give you an idea, and you can usually find a site that has the mounting instructions. I also pulled up the Polaris instructions, there are mounting holes f the contactor on the front frame just behind the radiator.
Oh ok so will i have any problems installing the winch since its not pre wired?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't know how it compares with the 3000#, but right now HF has a 3500# for the same price as the 3000#. I like my Badlands winch, so far works great, I have a 2 year no questions asked warranty and I'm usually riding with one or two others that also have winches, so if I have an issue the can haul me out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If any of you are looking for a winch there are great prices and good quality winches , here is a company on Ebay that i just bought a 4000# winch from for 195$ free shipping. They have a winch for any kind of polaris atv. Check them out. xtremerecovery | eBay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts