Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I posted in the Sportsman discussion area, over the weekend I installed my new winch. It's a Venom 2500X that I got off ebay for a really good price (about $160 with shipping). With all the feedback I've read it's just as good as the warn and in some cases better. That's a little hard for me to believe but at the price I could buy 4 of these and still be cheaper than a Warn, so I'm trying it.

It came with pretty much everything you can think of, snatch block, fairlead, fairlead guard, rocker switch, 10' corded switch, model specific mounting plate, and all the wiring needed. As I was installing I went ahead and switched which side the winch motor sat on (for ease of wiring and use). I later found out I couldn't do that because when winching, the wire rubbed on the mounting plate which could cause big issues down the road.

I went ahead and took it back off and switched it back around. I was a little disappointed in that because I like how it sat the other way.

My question amongst all this mayhem is; how easy is it to unroll the wire and rewire it the opposite way. Thus making my in, out and my out, in.

That also brings up another question. Will it winch with the same pulling power when rotating in the opposite direction?

P.S. Sorry for the rambling but I like to include lots of details so everyone knows what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i cant imaine it being any differnt if it in is out and out is in. id say unwind the cable and look at the dum to see if the cable can go the other way with out kinking or going at a sharp angle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually told this weekend that the motor can handle it and will do fine either way but the problem is the spool is only meant to have tension on one side whether it's the top or the bottom in relation to the winch itself.

Has anyone else heard this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts