Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
KFI makes nice winch mounts....one comes with that winch..I have one..but its universal..dont bother with it..but that winch will mount to most winch mounts...get a mount thats made for your machine...year an model....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just installed a Kfi mount and harbor freight winch 2 nights ago. Kfi makes a very nice mounting plate.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I see the winch is on sale now....109.99...get a 20% off coupon and see if they take it...they did for me....brings it to under 90.00..thats a nice deal..a good winch also

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Advice needed. Badlands winch 3000lbs for $109 or 2000lbs for $79? Harbor Freight . Will be installing on a 2013 500HO. How much do I need not expecting any hard pulls. Think the 500 weighs about 650-700lbs.....Thanks.....Ricky

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
2000# is enough. But extra is always nice to have just incase. I had a 07 honda rubicon witha 1500# on it and it was always more then enough. I have a 2500# on my 850 now. But some people will tell u 2000 is NOT big enough. The general rule is 1.5 x the weight of your vehilce in the off road world.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thinking as well.
2000# is enough. But extra is always nice to have just incase. I had a 07 honda rubicon witha 1500# on it and it was always more then enough. I have a 2500# on my 850 now. But some people will tell u 2000 is NOT big enough. The general rule is 1.5 x the weight of your vehilce in the off road world.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
depends on what you like to ride on..if you ride mud..3500# will be best...the suction of mud can be taxing on a winch...or winching up inclines...I had a warn 2000# (stock) on my sportsman...it struggled at times..so I got a 3500# badlands....now it pulls with ease..so it depends on what you need it for..Bikes are like woman..bigger is better...loll

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just reading up a lil on it and i now think I'll go with the 3000lb for just a few more bucks...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
depends on what you like to ride on..if you ride mud..3500# will be best...the suction of mud can be taxing on a winch...or winching up inclines...I had a warn 2000# (stock) on my sportsman...it struggled at times..so I got a 3500# badlands....now it pulls with ease..so it depends on what you need it for..Bikes are like woman..bigger is better...loll
i had my rubicon in bottomless gumbo on the edge of a lake(more then once) and it never had a problem it was a mile marker! Ive seen warns just stop pulling all together which is why I wont pay the premium for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts