Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a brand new quad. I don't want a polaris brand winch because the last one lasted 2 years moisture got inside the motor and the magnets that are glued in place let go. I want to go with Warn because they're proven and have a 3 year warranty, plus I can get one at $200 less that the polaris winch.

My question is, does anyone know 100% if the Warn ProVantage 3500-s fits on a 2014 Polaris 850 xp? I was looking at getting one last summer and I think the measurements were the same as my stock winch, mounting holes and all. Just want to be sure because I won't be able to return it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,344 Posts
I'm looking to buy a brand new quad. I don't want a polaris brand winch because the last one lasted 2 years moisture got inside the motor and the magnets that are glued in place let go. I want to go with Warn because they're proven and have a 3 year warranty, plus I can get one at $200 less that the polaris winch.

My question is, does anyone know 100% if the Warn ProVantage 3500-s fits on a 2014 Polaris 850 xp? I was looking at getting one last summer and I think the measurements were the same as my stock winch, mounting holes and all. Just want to be sure because I won't be able to return it.
No question about it warn is the best when put to the test. And I ain't talkin casual use either. U have the perfect winch picked out.

I just installed one in my 550 with the KFI mount. It should fit in the 850 fine.

Installation tips:

•*Remove lower plastic piece on front end
• Remove headlight/grill plastics as well.
• Drill holes slightly larger for contactor mounts on radiator posts.

Here is thread of my install

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-xp/53277-warn-provantage-3500-install-my-550-a.html
Treacherous just did the install with a thread explaining it. The KFI mount seems to be stout according to a lot of members.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ditto on the KFI mount. I have my Superwinch LT3000 mounted to it. Rock solid.

As far as the winch itself goes... You'll hear a lot of opinions... "Warn is the best, nothing better than a Warn" "Superwinch works great" "Badlands works for a lot less $$" etc etc etc...

My opinion, you can't go wrong with Warn or Superwinch... Both are good, reliable, solid winches, just depends on how much you want to pay for the logo.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ditto on the KFI mount. I have my Superwinch LT3000 mounted to it. Rock solid.

As far as the winch itself goes... You'll hear a lot of opinions... "Warn is the best, nothing better than a Warn" "Superwinch works great" "Badlands works for a lot less $$" etc etc etc...

My opinion, you can't go wrong with Warn or Superwinch... Both are good, reliable, solid winches, just depends on how much you want to pay for the logo.

I also have this Superwinch LT3000.Works fine with no problems. You can get a lemon from almost any brand.I wanted Promark (formally gorilla) but the one I wanted was out of stock. I selected this model and have been happy with it. Ken

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Big thing I like about the Warn is the warranty. Limited lifetime, 3 year electrical. and the fact that you can buy just a replacement motor. Polaris you have to buy the whole winch body. My old one anyhow.

Anyone know much about the newer Polaris HD winches?

And does the Warn Vantage 3500 come with a roller fairlead that mounts to the winch mount?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts