Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share, I didn't like the location the instruction told me to use, so I came up with this. Looks better IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Nice job, looks factory.

·
Registered
108 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks good, nice work..... but is it convienient to use in that location (not right at your finger tips)???

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did the same thing.

Then I plowed snow and discovered I had made a mistake. I moved it back to the handlebar. If you don't plow snow, you might not hate this location.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I did the same thing.

Then I plowed snow and discovered I had made a mistake. I moved it back to the handlebar. If you don't plow snow, you might not hate this location.
Good point.... I was thinking from a snow plowing perspective. If it were just as a winch to aid being stuck it's an alright position. At least untill you need both hands holding the bars.... working the winch buttom and wiggle rocking to get unstuck!

But... it still looks great & factory!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
with plowing the switch on the bars is the best place...no removing hands off bars to raise an lower the blade...all one smooth motion.....I have a remote wire hook up also....so if stuck on trail I just plug it in an winch out off the quad....when i got my quad it had the warn in it..the switch was a rotary on the front rack...was terrible while plowing..had to bend over to use it....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't plow snow, so no worries here. In Maryland, we don't get a lot of snow... We got 7 inches this year, that's the most in 5 years... 2009 we got dumped on. We got 3-4 feet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts