Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Super Winch Terra 35 lying around for a while so I thought I'd throw it on my 04 sportsman. Ordered the Kfi mount for the front box and the winch itself is too long to fit in that box. It comes in around 13.5" in length.

I am going to have to buy another winch Warn Xt or RT and I guess go down in size to a 2500 they come in around 11.8" or 12.something.

Anyone else have to use a 2500 lb specific winch for their machine

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Lots of the 3500lb winches area a bit big. Many say to trim the plastics and it will still leave the release knob accessible by only one finger at best.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The Superwinch Terra series don't fit well on the front.
I have the Superwinch LT3000ATV on the front. It fits well and puts up with what I've used it for so far.
I'm noodling how to build a safe sturdy mount for a Terra 45 on the rear under the dry box. It just seems it'd have more utility on the rear of the bike. Don't really need more than a Terra 35 but the 45 synthetic was on sale cheaper than I could get a 35.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Superwinch said that the 3500 wont fit in the KFI mount...fits in warn mount or their mount...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The LT3000ATV fits the KFI mount. I have it on my bike. 3500 takes you up to the Terra winches.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know the 04 to 05 front ends are different but i have an 05 and a Terra 35 and the thing fits perfect :) I had to order the mount plate directly from SuperWinch but it bolted right on with no problem what-so-ever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
KFI plainly states there box doesnt fit the Terra series. The Superwinch mount fit in there with the winch just nicely.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The KFI Warn RT/XT mount fits this terra 35 just perfect. I trimmed out the side areas in the bumper and a small area on the top to make it work. Figured instead of spending more $ I'd get creative. All I have to do is throw the bumper back on an I am ready. All of the Warn winches were near or 13.1 inches so a newer winch would not matter.

Yes this 04 bumper differs from 05 so that is why I had the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts