Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think you should go with a German wench.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bonus, this one likes wieners!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fuck off dick weed.
Learn to spell and speak dyck wied.
You should learn to laugh at yourself when you say something stupid.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sportsman 850 touring and I need a wench.
What brand is dependable and strong?

Thanks
You asked for a wench. I suggested.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Easy Guys,

Viper seems to be the best bang for the buck, rarely hear anything bad about them. LOTS of satisfied owners with that winch, both the max and the elite are fine choices. My personal favorite is the Warn ProVantage BUT its hella spendy.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
theatvsuperstore.com or else ebay seem to have the best prices on the Viper. Thor is the owner of the atvsuperstore and a fellow member on here, he could help ya out if you decide its the winch for you!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well that escalated quickly... Personally I've had great luck with the Polaris 2500 HD winch, i haven't had a problem with mine and i plow with it and use it constantly in the summer to get out of the bog/mud. Has always had more then enough power. Warn makes them. I would recommend highly!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I also have a Polaris 2500 winch and it seems to be holding up pretty good. I will be replacing my winch cable soon. Hopefully this weekend.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just installed a Superwinch LT3000, so far I like it and it was priced right. Around $125 for the kit on Amazon. We will see how it holds up...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 3500lbs Superwinch with the rope verses the steel cable. I was looking for a winch with sealed components, the SW has been a good choice. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 3500lbs Superwinch with the rope verses the steel cable. I was looking for a winch with sealed components, the SW has been a good choice. Good luck!
Thanks, unfortunately the downfall to this particular Superwinch that I bought, you have to use cable, it says that you should not use synthetic rope in the manual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have the Superwinch. I bought the Terra 3500. I went with synthetic as well. Don't recall if it said in the manual to only use wire rope.
I also can't think of a reason that you can only use wire rope on an ATV winch. Synthetic would just be easier on everything. That's just my opinion.
Besides, the wire rope that came with my winch bent the chrome cross bars after the first pull. I went to synthetic immediately and i won't go back.

seabee78

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have the Superwinch. I bought the Terra 3500. I went with synthetic as well. Don't recall if it said in the manual to only use wire rope.
I also can't think of a reason that you can only use wire rope on an ATV winch. Synthetic would just be easier on everything. That's just my opinion.
Besides, the wire rope that came with my winch bent the chrome cross bars after the first pull. I went to synthetic immediately and i won't go back.

seabee78
If (I'm sure more like when) I have issues, I will try synthetic. What I read on their website is that any winch with an aluminum drum shouldn't use synthetic. This particular model has an aluminum drum.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My manual gives instruction for installing synthetic.
I guess i would never have thought that you shouldn't put synthetic on in certain situations...kind of interesting.

seabee78

·
Registered
223 Posts
+1 for the harbor freight badlands 3000# winch. It's about $100 bucks and hasn't let me down after a year of service and when it does I can just grab another.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts