Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finding out that buying a quad is only the beginning, now I need all the extra's ! And the list is long, if I buy everything I'm pretty sure it will add up to the price of a brand new Jeep maybe more.lol Any suggestions on winch size and make? The Polaris one is pricey but comes with all the bits and pieces for install. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I'm finding out that buying a quad is only the beginning, now I need all the extra's ! And the list is long, if I buy everything I'm pretty sure it will add up to the price of a brand new Jeep maybe more.lol Any suggestions on winch size and make? The Polaris one is pricey but comes with all the bits and pieces for install. Thanks for the help
Polaris 500 Sportsman ATV Winch Mount - 2013 | etrailer.com

Try this site I'm going with the 2000lb winch or maybe 3000lbs if I have the money,,,,,,,,,,,Hope this helps....Ricky P.S. I'm in the same boat read my post under "Winch Question"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris 500 Sportsman ATV Winch Mount - 2013 | etrailer.com

Try this site I'm going with the 2000lb winch or maybe 3000lbs if I have the money,,,,,,,,,,,Hope this helps....Ricky P.S. I'm in the same boat read my post under "Winch Question"

Wow! I can get the Superwinch for less than 1/2 the Polaris dealer price. The dealer here wants $600.00 for the #3500 kit. My wife has a polaris winch on the 550 so we would be covered. Thanks Ricky

·
Registered
150 Posts
IMO, you don't need anything larger than 2x the weight of your machine. I own Warn, Superwinch and Polaris. All have there good and bad points. I've not had any trouble with any in my 10 yrs of regular use. On my 2013 Scrambler, I went with Polaris and regularly use it to load and unload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO, you don't need anything larger than 2x the weight of your machine. I own Warn, Superwinch and Polaris. All have there good and bad points. I've not had any trouble with any in my 10 yrs of regular use. On my 2013 Scrambler, I went with Polaris and regularly use it to load and unload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Thanks for the advice, I have a Superwinch on my car trailer that has been great for what I paid. I don't have any experience in the bush or mud with winches. What about the batteries in these things? Are they not tiny? Won't a winch drain them even with the motor running?

·
Registered
531 Posts
super winch LT3000 cheap and bulletproof..
ive used mine submerged.. no problems ever

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
They are 100% USA built. They way I understand it, they cost less than Warn because Superwinch does not have the massive advertising campaign that Warn does, hence why Warn costs more.

My next winch will he a Superwinch,

Sounds good. I'm waiting on my brush guards from ATV-GURU then gonna look hard at a winch. Really leaning towards the Super Winch
super winch LT3000 cheap and bulletproof..
ive used mine submerged.. no problems ever

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Not sure if they are built entirely in US anymore.

"Superwinch's global manufacturing facilities have grown to design and produce a broad range of winches; from electric 12, 24 and 115 volt planetary gear, right angle gear and worm gear units to hefty hydraulic workhorses. Our 1,000 to 50,000 pound capacity winches can be found in diverse industries and applications around the world. These products share Superwinch's common traits of first class design, quality, value and solid construction for safe, simple and reliable operation."

http://www.superwinch.com/k/about-us

1 - 10 of 10 Posts