Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 550 XP with a windshield and don't want to scratch the hell out of it with paper towels like I did to my last one. Can someone point me in the right direction on what to use cleaning it? Also is it ok to use window cleaners on it like windex? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I just got a new 550 XP with a windshield and don't want to scratch the hell out of it with paper towels like I did to my last one. Can someone point me in the right direction on what to use cleaning it? Also is it ok to use window cleaners on it like windex? Thanks for the advice.
Soap and lots of water is the best. Rinse all debris off before scrubbing. I used a
microfiber cloth for the windshield on my bike. It got used for that only.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Sorry for the dumb question but those fine scratches I got on my last windshield drove me nuts and made a terrible glare from the sun.

You can really use Pledge? I thought that's for wood! lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pledge is awesome for plastic windshields!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Never had one of the windshields but should be able to use a good quality microfiber and Stoner Glass Cleaner. How To Clean Glass | Glass Cleaner | Invisible Glass

I clean my headlights both quad and cars/trucks with it and clothes, then buff them up with layers of Megiuars NXT 2.0 liquid wax. Buff clean and clean, makes it very water/mud repellent, and any dust usually washes off completely with just a garden hose. Could also try their Scratch X stuff for plastics to see if that can restore your old one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts