Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the purpose of a windshield on an ATV? Certainly not going to keep tire spray or splashes or dust or rain off you? Just curious

·
Registered
396 Posts
Use mine in the winter only. Whistling across the lake when it's -40 it keeps a lot of wind off you.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Summer riding.... keeps the wind off of you: cuts down dust in the eyes, wind burn and wind to upper body = mussel fatigue on a long days ride, also helps keep rocks/items kicked up off of you from the quad in front of you!

Winter riding.... keeps the wind off of you: cuts down on snow in the face (riding or plowing), sub zero wind chill factor and/or wind burn.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bugs and branches off your face and eyes
And definitely the blowing snow from stinging the face in winter

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Use mine in the winter only. Whistling across the lake when it's -40 it keeps a lot of wind off you.
This.

Plus it keeps the bugs out of your teeth if you ride at night alot.

Personally i pull mine off for summer.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Summer riding.... keeps the wind off of you: cuts down dust in the eyes, wind burn and wind to upper body = mussel fatigue on a long days ride, also helps keep rocks/items kicked up off of you from the quad in front of you!

Winter riding.... keeps the wind off of you: cuts down on snow in the face (riding or plowing), sub zero wind chill factor and/or wind burn.
x2

I keep mine on year round now. SO much more enjoyable to not have the wind beating on you as well as not getting smashed in the face with bugs and dust when cruising.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I just run the short black one and like it for the looks but it really does reflect a bunch of wind off the body

1 - 9 of 9 Posts