Polaris ATV Forum banner

Windshields

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  boulderskies 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about putting a windshield on my 570. I want to just be able to see over it , so I can tuck behind it if need be. I'm 6' tall. Do I need a mid or tall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
depends on if ur going with a polaris lock and ride or a windshield with fairing like the VIP AIR.COM which has a 12 inch or a 14 inch windshield, they may have a taller one. They are a quality item, bought 2 in the past, they are color matched.
On our 570 i put a low Polaris windshild which can be rised and tilted to ur liking, only $100. The white bike on the right has a Vip windshield.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
That's what I was going to get plus hand guards. I'm really glad I changed my mind. VIP is much better looking, line of site is perfect and, I never thought I needed mirrors but it sure is nice having them riding along the edge of any road.

Attachments

#14 ·
Yes, that is true to some extent. But if you are riding in powder, you are going to get covered in snow anyways. Plus to the windshield is a wind block.

Reactions: ArlyA
#13 ·
Since all our machines have been setup for winter and work while swimming in snow, we'd not have one without a windshield. We found we like the ones that are "quick disconnect". We don't care what they look like,, but we do care if the operator can stay warm or not.

#17 ·
windshield

How dark is the smoke mid windshield ? can you actually see through it....Im thinking of getting the lock and ride mid smoke or the tall clear but wonder if the smoke one blocks your view of whats in front of you.
Just need it for winter as a wind block....summer time it would be off...
BTW why would polaris not offer a lock and ride mid clear ??????:eek

#18 ·
The mid smoke is not very dark and you could see through it easily. The mid size one is perfect for me in that it offers very good wind and rain protection. The wind and rain just go over the top of your helmet. So nothing directly in the face or chest area.

#20 ·
I just installed a Polaris Tall windshield on a 1000xp Touring. I'm 5'11" and the top of it is about nose level so the only thing that blows in the wind is my hair. I dont think its very obstrusive visually. And it blocks the wind very effectively. The VIP models get excellent reviews on here but I wanted a more discrete look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.