Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to say I'm really impressed with the XP 850 in about every way. I have been plowing like crazy for the past couple of days and the XP takes it all in stride. It's -10 F right now so will have to see how it does today but I don't expect any issues as it always starts at the moment the button is pushed. It will get an extra long warm up today. I end up plowing out all my neighbors just because it's so much fun...:fest06: We were under a blizzard warning until 7 am this morning and the called off work so all is well with the world!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Awesome.........may have to head up your way next time I get to Kokomo.
Are you using chains? If you are, front and rear?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Never heard of "popomo" what or where is that?
Kokomo is clearly on any Indiana map.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No chains, but could prob use them as it got really deep today but managed. Started immediately at -15 degrees and ran great....too damn cold for me though. Sounds great, Kokomo only about an hour or so away unless you want to meet in Popomo? Lol...

Was amazed how thick the 0W oil was at this temp so I'm glad to have it as an option. Would have been afraid to run anything with a higher viscosity. Remember the good ole days of straight 30 in lawnmowers and other equipment...now I run lower weight multi-visc in all my equipment. Just changed the oil in generator as you can barely pull it through with 30 weight. Put synth 10w30 in it and it starts easy, also run that in my lawn mower per Honda.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Damn........I need to change the generator oil

Daughter lives in Kokomo, looks like we will be moving to the Belleville, Illinois area this spring/summer. Will be about 30 miles east of St Louis

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is the tapered blade type with underbody mount and works great. However, I do have to take my skid plates off to mount the plow plate. It's a pain. I may try and figure out how to mount plate directly to the skid plates next year.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What plow did you end up with on your machine? I take it from reading this its a county plow or country plow and mid mount?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 850 XP but prefer to plow with an older 2003 Sportsman with the Glacier Plow System...excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts