Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my first post, I have a 2018 sportsman 850 and plan to add a 75 watt light bar, 12inch with flood / spot. Not happy with stock lights. To keep it simple and still accomplish the task this is my plan. Disconnect both front bumper bulbs...do not think I need them with the light bar. Connect light bar positive at splice in one of the bumper bulb positive wires and ground the ground. Am I correct that light bar will light on low beam and I can switch to high beam...light bar off, pod light on? Any problem with light bar and I can plug in both bumper bulbs and disconnect light bar. This setup as I see lowers electrical load by unplugging front bulbs and seems very simple. Thanks in advance for your helpful comments.

·
Registered
970 Posts
better off taping the LED into the Pod high beam.When you come across someone on the trail you can switch on low beams

·
Registered
232 Posts
No you are incorrect the pod and low beams both stay on anymore its not one or the other. I always tap into my pod lights when putting light bar on and you get either low or low and light bar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed the part where my 2018 is wired for all lights on for high beam, thanks 171000. Light bar would pull max 6 amps from what I see on line, so if I connect to pod for light bar power is there a chance of over load on electrical...what if I unplug the pod bulb? Lot of info on adding a relay from what I've read but is it necessary if I unplug pod bulb? Everyone have a safe holiday.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have done 10-15 and never used relays there is a fuse and everything already in line from stock bulb. I even get fancy now and use a pigtail that plugs into where the bulb did and make a wiring harness off that. Unplug and can go right back to stock bulb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts