Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I picked up a Sportsman 800 and one of the first things I did was the 3 headlight relay mod. Very nice - thanks forum. The more I go through this machine the more I see wires that are not terminated. Looks like wires for a winch, maybe heated grips, etc...but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what all the 2012 Sportsmans are pre-wired for? It would be nice to know what all these wires are for or what they could be used for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
There are a couple of orange and white wires that can be used for almost any accessory. I used mine for heated grips and thumb warmer and for power to the relay for the winch. Mine are all switched.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Will these wires have enough power to run 2 ridgid 16 watt led lights ? Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Darn, I wish I knew this before tapping into the 12V plug on the pod for my heated grips/thumb warmer.

Are there any diagrams around so I can find them for when I install other stuff?

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are right under your front rack right to the right of your battery . But will they carry a big enough load or are they just enough to run a relay ?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sure they will run those lights. Led draw very little.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes they will the acc wires are on a 20 amp fuse . I just looked at the wiring diagram the 2 lights only draw around 3 amps and my winch relay must be about 3 or so ? Maby so I should be fine thank you for your help . Going to wire them up tomorrow and take a ride tomorrow night hopefully get out before all the snow melts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts