Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i tap into to get these grips working. Ac outlet doesnt work, and they wont power up directly from the battery, tested them using the low beams(pushed wires into sockets) but need to know what else i can tap into and how to do it. Help!please!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Orange/white wire in headlight pod is switched power with key.
I figured I could wire to the lights but depending on if I have an ice chest strapped to the front I switch from hi beams to low beams...i thought about running to the tail light? Thoughts????
No there is a wire in the headlight pod that is for accessories like heated grips. No need to tap into the headlight wires. As Ryan said the wire you are looking for is orange and white and only comes on with the ignition on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both, so the remote switch wire to the orange in the pod and ground to the frame? I only ask because when I tested on the headlights I went to the pos and neg on the light harness...sorry fellas just trying to get it right!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Orange with white tracer stripe are usually the ignition switched accessory wires.
The power outlet on the pod runs on this circuit.
There are two available orange/white wires with female 1/4" quick disconnects covered with heatshrink. They're unhooked and tied to the harness just below the headlight pod.
I put #6 ring terminals under the torx screws holding down the fuse block for grounds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ok gentlemen, looked at the harness today, nothing orange, everything is red.
Sorry... 2003 ignition power is red with white tracer stripe. Just finished some wiring on my '12. Had that one on my mind.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
What can i tap into to get these grips working. Ac outlet doesnt work, and they wont power up directly from the battery, tested them using the low beams(pushed wires into sockets) but need to know what else i can tap into and how to do it. Help!please!
I think you're main problem is that you have no ac outlet....they're dc outlets not AC. You better be glad your AC outlet isn't working or you'd have some really hot hands, among other things

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you're main problem is that you have no ac outlet....they're dc outlets not AC. You better be glad your AC outlet isn't working or you'd have some really hot hands, among other things
Thank you for that tidbit of information, glad everyone on this board is smarter than me and knew exactly what I was talking about...haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts