Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

New to this forum even though I have used it many times searching for threads for my ATVs. Thank you!

My question. I have a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 800 Touring EFI that the high beam light stopped working. I have pulled all the plastic and casing off to see inside easily. I pulled the light case and it has a brown and yellow coming out the back, but not connected into anything. I have looked and looked and can't find out where those two wires go :(.

I see that there is a white 4 wire plug that doesn't seem to go to anything (what is that for?) in the general location, but it has 4 wires of orange, blue, green and brown.

I also see an orange wire with a plug that seems to be next to the one I used for my winch. What is that one for?

I have included picts of both plugs and back of light for reference.

Any idea of where these wires go so i can get my high beam working again?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
The single orange wire is an accessory wire its hot when key is on, can be used to hook hand warmers up , the white plug is for diagnostics , they plug the digital wrench into it at dealer.Sounds like the brown and yellow wires have broken off from the harness, look at main wiring harness where it comes up into pod, light wires should T off of it, may ave to take wires out of harness to find the brown, yellow wires to slice them back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts