Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why Can Am and Kawi and Yamie and Cat, etc. etc. are not following
seems strange new releases usually go hand in hand with the brands
I am not complaining about Polaris, just would like to see the competitors keep up so they keep pushing Polaris to keep it up

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
They might have new models in the works that just haven't been 'leaked' yet. Time will tell. The new 'ACE" probably has them losing sleep at night trying to figure out how to compete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yamaha is suppose to have 5 new models coming out for the next 5 years

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
Im sure they have something up their sleeve. Atleast can am anyways. Seems that polaris and can am are the only to brands that can even compete, honda, yamaha, and kawi are way behind in technology. I wld say cat to but the kinda stepped it up with their wildcat......kinda lol still no rzr or mavric

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yah that ACE is gonna have the other guys scrambling for an answer. Its the only player in the game right now.

Yamaha had it going on 10 years ago with their atv line, but have been riding the decade old coat tails since.

Cat seems like their more dedicated to their sleds than atv's. They released a new sidexside and had an attempt to answer the Can-Am Renegade but really that's about it besides mixing up features on their models.

Can-Am's probably got something up their sleeve, they like to break the mold with Polaris too.

Honda- Still stuck in 1990 BUT they added Diff-Lock to some models. :applaus:

Kawasaki- Not sure what to think about them, make a nice sportier utility vehicle but nothing new or ground breaking on the utility side of things. I think for 2014 they offer what 2 different models? the 750 and a 300. Their more into their bikes IMO.

Suzuki- I thought they were supposed to be dedoing their lineup but not sure, NOTHING going on over there but they make a solid atv.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki seem uninterested in making major changes in the utility atv. I guess they are happy with what they have and still have fans that aren't looking at hp and drink the reliability cool aid which is partly true because you keep HP down things don't break as easily.
Polaris, Can Am and in some way AC seem to be running away with the advancements in big bore (hp) especially. All need to work on reliability just like the Japanese machines. I think AC is about where Polaris was 5 years ago and will eventually put out a very nice more reliable machine.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
give them time. Most brands won't jump till they see sales totals for at least a quarter before they decide to follow in a competitors direction.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Don't know if you guys have been on the ACE forum, but there's about 6 or more new owners and probably as many other guys that said their dealer sold all their ACEs before they were even delivered. These are multiple units per dealer. I believe one dealer was 6 units.

That's really good for a new release, in the dead of winter and the word has only been out for a few weeks. People haven't even been able to see them and they're selling good.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I got to see one at wheels in fargo nd. Pretty neat looking, not my cup of tea but they will sell a ton of those. The one they had on display was on hold.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just wondering why Can Am and Kawi and Yamie and Cat, etc. etc. are not following
Give them time. The ACE is already selling like hot cakes.
That ACE is the machine of the future. Thumb throttle and handlebars will be sport machines only in a few years. Wouldn't even be surprised regulations coming out mandating harness and roll cages. Isn't that what our wonderful government does:fragez:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
there will always be a market for the Utility ATV. they are to useful. and that's stuff that just can't be done by a UTV or a "sit it" machine. There are Many places that a sit in ATV just can't go. Deep mud for instance will cause issues for the driver. off camber climbing would either require some crazy rigging or people hanging onto the outside to counter balance the machine.

The gas pedal and the roll cage have their place off road, but it'll never be the only rig on the trail. and sports quads don't fill the needs of all riders.

·
Registered
218 Posts
there will always be a market for the Utility ATV. they are to useful. and that's stuff that just can't be done by a UTV or a "sit it" machine. There are Many places that a sit in ATV just can't go. Deep mud for instance will cause issues for the driver. off camber climbing would either require some crazy rigging or people hanging onto the outside to counter balance the machine.

The gas pedal and the roll cage have their place off road, but it'll never be the only rig on the trail. and sports quads don't fill the needs of all riders.
It will all depend on popularity. If the single seat, steering wheel machine takes the market over and I can see it happening in unknown years and if it does will manufactures still put out handlebar and thumb throttle machines if sales are lite. Time will tell, who knows maybe the single seater won't take over in popularity.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I see it being popular, but I don't see it taking over. Being able to ride the machine and adjust for different terrain just by moving your body is a HUGE selling factor for people like me. I don't like the idea of being stuck because I can't rock the machine back and forth. or tipped over because I couldn't lean my weight to one side to keep the machine stable. and it'll never take over the "go deep" crowd. being able to stand up on the seat and ride the wheelie through the hole that would otherwise sink the whole machine is part of the allure of what they do. I also don't see the single seater taking over for those that hunt of their machines. to many limitations, and to much time to get off the machine to get to your weapon and line up for the shot for the lucky "ran cross the trail in front of me trophy."

·
Registered
852 Posts
I don't see the Ace taking over the Sportsman. they'll probably do well and supplement the XP series sales some. but overall they're very different machines with different functions and abilities.

also the companies may be focusing more on UTVs then ATVs as well. last year

Gator XUV 625/825/855D S4s
Honda Pioneer 700 and 700-4
Yamaha Viking 700?
Can Am Outlander 6x6
Can Am Commander Maxx
Arctic Cat wildcat trail
AC Wildcat 4

Polaris themselves have 900 Crew,, 570, Brutus, RZR 1000 and now the Ace.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Polaris usually does things a little different. So far it has worked out for a long period of time. By the looks of other atv's I dont see this changing any time soon. Can Am visco lock and you have to select the power steering control is? Something that I dont have to deal with. I just ride.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SxS is just another market. It will not replace the utility or sport quad market. It may reduce the market slightly, but not enough to make an impact in the bottom line of manufacturers (as their bottom lines will grow with the emerging SxS trends.) The only place it will have an impact is on the production line. Supply & demand ya know.

·
Registered
218 Posts
SxS is just another market. It will not replace the utility or sport quad market. It may reduce the market slightly, but not enough to make an impact in the bottom line of manufacturers (as their bottom lines will grow with the emerging SxS trends.) The only place it will have an impact is on the production line. Supply & demand ya know.
Not the sport quad for sure, but for utility and SXS owners time will tell, they aren't SXS's and under 50" with single seat. The sxs has it's own niche of fans, many even have quads. Right now these low powered single seaters are in high demand just wait when they start putting big hp motors in them, and it will happen. I know I'll have a couple when it happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The story of the ACE's selling before they are delivered is how the 570 rollout was around me. I honestly don't like the idea of a machine that I can't carry a passenger in a pinch. It's like they took away the main reason I would ever consider a sit in type vehicle. Coming in to ATV's completely cold with zero allegiance to any brand, the others are just stogy or too expensive like the Can Am. I don't need an air pump and air suspension. I've had way too many air suspension cars that I have had to deal with over the yeas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts