Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used the WIX air filter. Part number is 24245. It's a foam filter. I've always bought WIX oil and air filters on cars. Previous quads were race quads and used K&N. K&N's are just to much maintenance for this type of wheeler. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah price for one is 20.99.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
look into a UNI filter,,it has 2 layers of foam....they work great....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got the WIX filter in and to my knowledge it won't work. Maybe it's me but I don't see how you can hold your filter in place with a hose clamp in the front. How would you tighten it? Is the uni the same way or does it pop in like the stock one?

Some help please....

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The Uni and it looks like the WIX just pop in like a stock one and the little door on the back hold them in. Put some grease around the end that just pops in if you plan on using the WIX.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
you should be able to use the clamp...if there is a lip on the front of the filter....jut use clamp there..rotate it you get a point where you can tighten it...I have the Uni...slipped right on an clamped well...you should have almost a 3/4 inch lip on the front....if you can post a pic of filter an where its going on..can help better...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
you should be able to use the clamp...if there is a lip on the front of the filter....jut use clamp there..rotate it you get a point where you can tighten it...I have the Uni...slipped right on an clamped well...you should have almost a 3/4 inch lip on the front....if you can post a pic of filter an where its going on..can help better...
I would sure like to see him use the clamp on an XP. For starters the filter does not clamp on and second I would like to see him get a screwdriver in there.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I would sure like to see him use the clamp on an XP. For starters the filter does not clamp on and second I would like to see him get a screwdriver in there.

Ronnie
HAHAHA..ok..I never seen the airbox of a XP...sorry.....my bad

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The WIX doesn't even come close to working. Gonna order the uni today. Do you use the stock outerwear on a uni? Or no outerwear at all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts