Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 sportsman 800 atv that won't turn over by the key but if you jump across the silonoid it will turn over but still won't start.I put a new ecm on it and a new silonoid but still nothing and the bike only has 450 miles on it:aargh4: I am getting power to the silonoid when I turn the key.and I tried another ignition switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2007 sportsman 800 atv that won't turn over by the key but if you jump across the silonoid it will turn over but still won't start.I put a new ecm on it and a new silonoid but still nothing and the bike only has 450 miles on it:aargh4: I am getting power to the silonoid when I turn the key. and I tried another ignition switch

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think there is a starter relay. You could try that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried starting it in park and neutral tried holding the brake and nothing works and I only found two relays and they are for the fuel injectors

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
fuel injected or carb? If carb and you jump the solenoid does it have spark? If so it should start unless there is some safety device kicked in. ETC maybe?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's fuel injected and you can jump across the solenoid and it will turn over that way but it's not firing and I'm getting power to the solenoid when you turn the key but it won't turn over and I replaced the solenoid along with a programmable ecm that's a plug in play ecm.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Think you got a bad safety device somewhere. The lack of spark when you jump solenoid would be explained that way . Does it have power at the fuel pump for a few seconds when key is turned on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has power to the fuel pump fuel injectors lights every thing when you turn the key on then when you try to start it it has power to the solenoid but it won't turn over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the ecm or computer that I bought and put on it is suppose to be a programmable computer and it's suppose to be a plug and play but I'm just wondering if it was programmed at the factory like it was suppose to be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
As with any 500, 700, and 800 fuelie of this generation, check all the wires under the pod. It's extremely like one or more of the wires running to the ignition switch is broken. This should be the first electrical related diagnostics on these before replacing switches as they rarely go bad. The wiring around the column is simply to short, and they break with time. Particularly the red/black that runs between the ignition switch and the reverse override switch.

Anyway, take a look. It's the cheapest first step and likely the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd still check the wiring under the pod, if you haven't already. I'm very confident you'll find something broken running from the ignition switch hence you're no spark symptom.If you're getting power to the solenoid in the "start" position on the key switch to the red and white wire on the solenoid, then its one of two things. 1. Bad solenoid 2. Bad ground to ecm from solenoid. The computer grounds the solenoid unless in park and neutral, however if the ground wire is broken that would also cause your symptom.

If you're 100% sure that the red and white wire running to the solenoid is in fact getting power, those are the two options left. (the solenoid wires have a connector, are you testing at the connector?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kill switch is in the run position and I tried the kill switch and solenoid on another Polaris and they worked on it.i pulled the wiring harness and checked and I found no broken wires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts