are they spendy?
easy to use?
How long does the battery last?

thanks for any impute
mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a GoPro Hero 3 and I loved it !!! A bit pricey but worth the extra money and I got it at best buy who said if it broke just bring in any piece of it and they would replace it on the spot and sure enough I dropped it and broke it and they lived up to it . Also the time lapse feature os pretty cool and it's waterproof . Also the amount of mounts they have is awesome here's a pic a took with mine while riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
As far as the batt . It depends what setting ur recording on . 1080p HD kills it compared to a lesser setting . I bought an extra batt when I got mine so I had at least on back up . Worked well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use a Contour ROAM. I love the camera. It's waterproof without any extra cases, it can be mounted at any angle and then you just rotate the lens to record right side up. I've had it mounted to my helmet, ATV, Car, Gun, Bow and even submersed it underwater to 100 feet when ice fishing. I had used an extra waterproof case then just to be safe. it's a nice slim camera and doesn't stick out as much as the GoPro.

Good luck with your selection.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I've got the contour Roam HD. only complaint is the lack of a chest mount. I've heard a rumor that contour went out of business though... so it may be a moot point. an and it was WAY cheaper than the goPros.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just checked and their website is still up and running but most of it doesn't work and the products are showing out of stock. They had really good customer service. I had my camera replaced under warranty once. They don't bother repairing them. They just send you a brand new one. That's too bad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A quick Google search shows that they have decided to close up shop.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Drift HD, I've used it for over a year. Multiple mount options, but I use the goggle strap most as it provides a very stable video. The wrist mounted remote and on camera view screen are great! Battery lasts about 3 hours, the kit I purchased came with three of them, swapping me out is quick and easy. Case is water proof, no need for extra ones. Drift is now selling the Drift Ghost which seems to have even better options!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition and its an awesome lil camera. Definitely on the pricey side ($399) but I would say its worth it. Many mounting options, and I would suggest getting an extra battery ($20) if you do a lot of recording.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts