Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I could put 9-inch tires on the front and 11-inch tires on the rears stock rims. If possible, what tires would you guys recommend for mostly just trail driving and messing around on my property?

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
yup that'll work. can go up to 28" also if you wanted.

maxxis: bighorn, bighorn 2.0, zilla
kenda: bear claw htr
itp: mayhems, black waters
gbc: grim reapers
pitbull: rockers, growlers, gb2.5

that should get you started, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
Ok Your good with those HTRs! You could go up to 28" if you wanted, just an FYI!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you need wheel spacers in the front? I want to use my stock rims with Bearclaw HTR 26x9x14 on the front and it looks real close to hitting the tie rod......stock CST 26x8x14 tire is way narrower than the Bearclaws.
Trust me you will be fine because I'm running all 4 - 27x11x14 on 4 OEM 7.5 x14 rear wheels with no spacers only seen a small rubbing on the storage box in the wheel well and at bottoming out hitting a ditch sideways fast. My tie rod does rub the wheel in one side but that's because I have rear wheels that is 7.5 instead of 5.5 and the off set is split so 1 inch inside and 1 inch outside.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Trust me you will be fine because I'm running all 4 - 27x11x14 on 4 OEM 7.5 x14 rear wheels with no spacers only seen a small rubbing on the storage box in the wheel well and at bottoming out hitting a ditch sideways fast. My tie rod does rub the wheel in one side but that's because I have rear wheels that is 7.5 instead of 5.5 and the off set is split so 1 inch inside and 1 inch outside.
I’d be concerned that 27x11x14” tires would cause premature wear on all front end parts including EPS. Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t it common knowledge putting oversized tires even on trucks causes premature wear on front ends?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’d be concerned that 27x11x14” tires would cause premature wear on all front end parts including EPS. Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t it common knowledge putting oversized tires even on trucks causes premature wear on front ends?
Yes anything do wear on everything more but it's less than what's on a OEM Highlifter that uses the same parts but I'm doing some upgrades so far I replaced the Plastic bushings with BALL BEARINGS and made HD fame braces 8 for the front and 2 for the rear but I'm not done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes anything do wear on everything more but it's less than what's on a OEM Highlifter that uses the same parts but I'm doing some upgrades so far I replaced the Plastic bushings with BALL BEARINGS and made HD fame braces 8 for the front and 2 for the rear but I'm not done.
My 2019 spot xp 1000 is stock 27” highlifter is 29.5” did that change to smaller tires in 2020

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
186 Posts
Hello, newbie here, can someone explain the previous statement “Replaced plastic sleeves with ball bearings” what part and where is that reference to?

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
The plastic bushings are between the pivot points on the suspension and steering components.

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
Any time!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2019 spot xp 1000 is stock 27” highlifter is 29.5” did that change to smaller tires in 2020
No the Highlifter has 29.5 Outlaw 2 on it that weigh like 50 lb. a piece and that should be harder on the suspension parts than my 27 x11x14 is what I was referring to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts