Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bit of a dilemma right now, on the 12th of Febuary I put a deposit down on a 2014 Scrambler 1000 with almost $3000 in accessories, snorkeled, clutched and with 30" Tires with a delivery date set on the 20th of March. That gave them 38 days to build the bike. Well they waited over 30 before starting only to discover that the snorkel kit from snorkel your ATV does not fit the 1000 as it has a slightly different rad and mounting bracket. At that point I pointed out that Triangle swears there kit will fit the 1000 and the dealer told me they would get it in with no additional cost, thing is that it still has not arrived. Best case scenario now I am looking at it coming in next week which means that I won't even be able to pick up my bike likely for an additional 3 weeks. The dealer has offered zilch to reimburse me for the delay and the principle of it is eating me up. They say its not there fault but I think the fact they waited till the last week to try an install on something they never did before absolutely makes it there fault. I know walking would put me at square one but so angry about it that I feel like doing it just to show them that the customer doesn't have to bend to them. Am I unreasonable to think that they should be bending over backwards after failing to make adequate use of the 38 days I gave them? Truth is I would walk out and go buy an XMR1000 just to have it done at this point did I not have a stack of axles and a pipe sitting in my basement.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
walk away...they are dicking you around

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would think they should be willing to make a concession or throw you SOME kind of a "bone"..
True story: back in the day, a buddy had a brand new 1970 Boss 429 on order. They missed the delivery date and he grew impatient and yanked his deposit and walked away. The vehicle came in 1 week later and, of course, went to the next person in line. He, to this day, kicks himself for walking away. Now, this atv is not a Boss 429 Mustang, but, you get my point? I would work on them and make it look like you are "willing" to walk away. That often works. Also, keep making noise, go higher up the food chain. My wife and I were in the dealership trying to trade in and buy another car. They were continually telling us that the noises and problems we were having with our current car were "phantom" noises, etc. A technician came in and was asking us about the "funny noises" coming from the front end of our car, and the recall that was out for our vehicle. My wife stood up and started going off. They very quietly and hastily tried to get us to go into an office. We flat out said NO. We had the attention of the WHOLE SHOWROOM!! Let me tell you, that worked like a charm!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
First, How much was your "deposit"??? As, I never like to walk away from "my money".... and if you walk away now, I'd personally never show my face at that dealer again! (And give them the "free advertisement" they deserve.

Is 38 days long enough to get the job done.... Yes, if all parts were available for the work.

Did they get to it as soon as they could...... ??? Who knows what their work load is!

Are you being "unreasonable"...... Yes & No?! Your thinking with "want & desire" on the brain..... you haven't even fully paid for it yet!! Why should they jump through your hoops when they haven't made a dime on it yet??? As the saying goes..... Money Talks & Bull [email protected] Walks!! In other words..... show some patients Grass Hopper.

Your best bet maybe to try going in there, speak to them nicely/calmly (it will get you further) and ask them to "set a new deadline" - within a week’s time frame. Also state if it's not complete by that date you will be walking away from the deal and expecting a full refund of your deposit on the spot.... period!!! I'd also ask them for some type of compensation for your inconvenience...... like the "First Service Free". If they can't "through you a bone" like that..... you are definitely better off finding someone that wants your business more. If it gets to that point ask them if they can afford the "free advertisement" you will give them for this poor customer service.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on your progress / decision!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If you can get your $$ back I would walk away. I would not want anything to do with that dealer. What are the odds ANYTHING they do is right? By waiting until the last minute to do something they have never done shows that they are unorganized and you can probably expect the same crappy service on anything else you need them for. If it was me selling you a 13-14k ( or more? ) atv I would want to get it out the door asap!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
First, How much was your "deposit"??? As, I never like to walk away from "my money".... and if you walk away now, I'd personally never show my face at that dealer again! (And give them the "free advertisement" they deserve.

Is 38 days long enough to get the job done.... Yes, if all parts were available for the work.

Did they get to it as soon as they could...... ??? Who knows what their work load is!

Are you being "unreasonable"...... Yes & No?! Your thinking with "want & desire" on the brain..... you haven't even fully paid for it yet!! Why should they jump through your hoops when they haven't made a dime on it yet??? As the saying goes..... Money Talks & Bull [email protected] Walks!! In other words..... show some patients Grass Hopper.

Your best bet maybe to try going in there, speak to them nicely/calmly (it will get you further) and ask them to "set a new deadline" - within a week’s time frame. Also state if it's not complete by that date you will be walking away from the deal and expecting a full refund of your deposit on the spot.... period!!! I'd also ask them for some type of compensation for your inconvenience...... like the "First Service Free". If they can't "through you a bone" like that..... you are definitely better off finding someone that wants your business more. If it gets to that point ask them if they can afford the "free advertisement" you will give them for this poor customer service.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on your progress / decision!
The deposit was $500 offered to pay in full and they told me to wait till it was done cause it would be easier, stood in dealer with a bank draft for the balance. My biggest issue is they just won't admit they f***ed up and waited to long to start and won't accept some accountability for doing it. I am glad they didn't take the full payment because then I wouldn't even have anything.
If you can get your $$ back I would walk away. I would not want anything to do with that dealer. What are the odds ANYTHING they do is right? By waiting until the last minute to do something they have never done shows that they are unorganized and you can probably expect the same crappy service on anything else you need them for. If it was me selling you a 13-14k ( or more? ) atv I would want to get it out the door asap!
Truth be told though I have dealt with them on my last bike and they treated me great and went above and beyond this is honestly the first issue I have ever had with them and everyone I ride with deals them and besides the other local Polaris Dealer has horrid service, meaning if I walk on the deal I am probably going to a Can Am. Don't see how they could even try to keep my deposit though seeing as our agreement is for the delivery on the 20th, I would have a fun day in court for that one before they kept my money. .

I am largely just pissed that they keep telling me its out of there hands because its about shipping now, I told them they waited to long to start and they just say well we thought it would fit and if it had it would be done so its not our fault. They assumed a snorkel for a different machine would fit on a new model and waited till the last minute to check it did and then take no responsibility when it doesn't.
Who cares, why don't you take the bike and do the snorkel kit yourself?? You'd have it done 3 weeks ago.
I hated dealing with installing my own snorkel but this is every bit as frustrating. Truth is finding the time to do it before we have our first big spring ride is tough for me as the last mad rush at work leads up to it. Last time I ended up with my quad apart in my buddies garage for almost a month and wanted to avoid a repeat.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
If everything else is installed and the snorkel kit is what's holding it up and you want the ATV now why not get just get it and then bring it back when the snorkel kit arrives?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If everything else is installed and the snorkel kit is what's holding it up and you want the ATV now why not get just get it and then bring it back when the snorkel kit arrives?
Yeah I think I would do that. You have your machine for your ride and then when this dealership decides to get there act together you can just take trip back. Minimum down time. Just have to be careful not to go to deep until you get the snorkel

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
wait for it u waited this long. that happens on builds all the time especially with new to market products, you start the build run into a problem and it gets delayed. I would wait on the scrammy over the xmr because when the scrammy is built it'll be better. I know it's driving u crazy, I have waited six months for ordered vehicles. bro I feel for u but maybe through the dealers eyes its business and these things happen so it is what it is.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
having done mods and fabrication before I can understand the delay and the shipping issues. some times it actually is out of their hands. when in that 38 days did they get the machine that you bought? was it on hand already? when did they get the parts in to install them. If shipping took 3-4 wks to get parts to them than I can definitely understand the delay when parts don't fit when they get there. Should they hook you up a little? maybe. But I wouldn't jump to the assumption that it's entirely their fault. Shipping has been really F'ed this winter so maybe cut them a little slack on that. They treated you good once before, don't crap on that just because something went wrong on the next machine. I understand it sucks that there are delays, but unless you stipulated something about delays before you agreed to the purchase you've really got no recourse but to wait.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
having done mods and fabrication before I can understand the delay and the shipping issues. some times it actually is out of their hands. when in that 38 days did they get the machine that you bought? was it on hand already? when did they get the parts in to install them. If shipping took 3-4 wks to get parts to them than I can definitely understand the delay when parts don't fit when they get there. Should they hook you up a little? maybe. But I wouldn't jump to the assumption that it's entirely their fault. Shipping has been really F'ed this winter so maybe cut them a little slack on that. They treated you good once before, don't crap on that just because something went wrong on the next machine. I understand it sucks that there are delays, but unless you stipulated something about delays before you agreed to the purchase you've really got no recourse but to wait.
Well said

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its stripped down for the install in there shop. when the first one didn't fit they never put it back together.
They had machine on hand and they esitmated 5-7 days to get parts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Walk away. If you are talking about going with another brand you must not want it that bad

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Walk away. If you are talking about going with another brand you must not want it that bad
If I didn't want it that bad I would already have walked, just feeling like the should at least buy me a drink before they F*** me..

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
If I didn't want it that bad I would already have walked, just feeling like the should at least buy me a drink before they F*** me..
true true. but that first ride on that badazz modded monster that is customized for u by u and this little bump in the road will just be a distant memory. god knows I get pissed when things get out of my control and off track but keeping ur composure and acting like a gentleman always pays off down the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts