Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would'nt it be fun to now if all the people on this forum that are bitching about there Polaris Wheelers, if they really own one or are just pissed or jealous they don't own a wheeler themselves but love to push the buttons at home on there computer
Holy cow the way people bitch about the Polaris, I can't believe anybody would buy them and they would be out of business not #1 like they are
I bought a new sportsman in 2005 (SPORTSMAN 500HO CAMO) and looked to the computer for advice, holy cow I should have never bought one everything broke on them according to the computer on a forum, well I bought one any way after talking to my dealer and a couple of mechanics at the dealership, well I bought one and guess what 6000 miles later
no starter went out
no winch burnt out
wheels did not break or bend in the first ride
did not foul plugs
rear end did not lock up
wireing to headlights did not tear off
it did not over heat driving it out of the shed
and on and on and on
well I did replace a boot that got tore
I did after 5000 miles replaces the weights and rollers in clutch
general matinence ( oil, grease, check alignment, filter, nuts and bolts check)
put new tires on front (back ones still the same)

Now I want to buy a new one
check on this forum wow there is no way I will bye a 850 xp (holy cow)
what a piece of crap By reading in this forum
well I went to my dealer talked to him and to the mechanic's
and bought a new 2013 850 XP
went on 2 trail rideS in Danbury Ws and 2 locally
600 miles on it and I am shocked
rims did not bend
starter did not go out
did not foul a plug
muffler doesn't rattle
no tie rods broke or loose
no a arm bushing failures
paint did not peel off
did not over heat
brakes where not metal to metal
brake line does not leak by pod
on and on and on
REAL LIFE
rode the piss out of it (I am not a mud guy)
got a little wa wa noise fun the rear end, I understand Polaris is working on this and I believe it
and it back fired once, not sure why, never did again
The thing runs the trails like its on rails and the power is great, you can throttle it over backwards if you like and go 70 + mph all day long
Oh Ya I forgot 1 GUY RODE HIS 40 MILES AND IT IS COMPLETLY SHOT DONE
IF YOU ARE GONNA COME ON HERE AND LIE ABOUT EVEN OWNING 1 AT LEAST MAKE IT A LITTLE BELIEVABLE (THE STORY THAT IS)
Mike K
PS wasn't there a Tv show years ago,
would the real owners of a Polaris ATV Please Stand up
I Stood up, can you?

·
Registered
416 Posts
You would not take all those polaris is crap post so seriously if you knew what happened to those machines. I owned 2 brands of atvs and I maintained them as said in the book and hot rodded them for years no trouble. That is, I don't do mud, water or goat mountain climbing. As far as the XP a friend of mine have one and no trouble so far after a whole summer of riding and he is not a sissy rider. Cant wait to see how long it last before it breaks down.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ive got the scrambler xp. have had a few kinks to work out in the first few hundred miles. been great since. ride mine hard. usually the guy in the front of the pack waiting for every one else. After the frame cracked on mine I told my self I would probably not own another Polaris, but changed my mind after Polaris took care of me and fixed the frame. didn't cost me anything but the fuel I spent bringing it to the dealer. Ive owned a lot of machines and really have nothing bad to say about Polaris. Have been thinking about picking up a new 570 sportsman to replace the ladys little raptor.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
indy, I see your point and I think I know where you're coming from.. Give or take a post here and there I've been around long enough to know when a post is legit or not.. I think most folks on here can read between the lines the same way.. That said and true for all brands, some guys have truly gotten hosed.. I do notice like you, and some others who have piped in on this subject before, that angry rants about polaris compared to the other guys are more common.. Now and then I'll check out the can-am, cat and yami forums to see what the tone is from unhappy owners.. Most of the same stuff comes up on those forums too.. Bad motors, bad frames, bad suspension, oil/cooling issues, bad brakes, strange noises bad dealers and useless warranties.. The difference seems to be when you come across a thread where multiple brands are being discussed.. The sheer hatred of polaris by folks that don't own one is down right comical.. I can only speak to my own experience.. My 850 touring is nearly 4 years old and not a single problem with it.. So there's my shameless plug for polaris.. Here's to hoping the next 4 years are as trouble free as the last..

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
#1 everything on the internet is not true

#2 people only come to forums to complain about or find solutions to their issues. So 99% of posts will be negative.

My new 2012 Can Am Outlander doesn't have a cracked frame, it's brakes lasted 3700 kms not 300kms like some others. My bushings lasted 4500 kms not 100 kms like others. No overheating and no bent tie rods.
You know why? Cause I don't beat the living crap out of my new $14000 bike. I wash it and grease it after every ride. I maintain it religiously. Changing fluids, greasing, doing checks on a regular basis.
Yes there are some "bad" bikes out there but most every brand will last a long time if looked after properly.
Oh yeah, NO ONE drives my bike except ME (maybe my wife if I'm on the back). I do not lend my bike or let people try it out.....

·
Super Moderator
7,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
#1 everything on the internet is not true

#2 people only come to forums to complain about or find solutions to their issues. So 99% of posts will be negative.

My new 2012 Can Am Outlander doesn't have a cracked frame, it's brakes lasted 3700 kms not 300kms like some others. My bushings lasted 4500 kms not 100 kms like others. No overheating and no bent tie rods.
You know why? Cause I don't beat the living crap out of my new $14000 bike. I wash it and grease it after every ride. I maintain it religiously. Changing fluids, greasing, doing checks on a regular basis.
Yes there are some "bad" bikes out there but most every brand will last a long time if looked after properly.
Oh yeah, NO ONE drives my bike except ME (maybe my wife if I'm on the back). I do not lend my bike or let people try it out.....
I seen a guy on the trail with his brand new XMR last summer only had 1.2 miles on it with a bent tie rod and I mean not even drivable bent lol!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
94 Posts
If its bent that bad I find it hard to believe its the four wheelers fault. Probably more rider than machine. Some wheelers get bad raps because the rider drives like an idiot and doesn't take care of or maintain there machine.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If its bent that bad I find it hard to believe its the four wheelers fault. Probably more rider than machine. Some wheelers get bad raps because the rider drives like an idiot and doesn't take care of or maintain there machine.
It was caused by a wash out on the trail the same one me and everyone else drives down to get in the park. Not blaming the bike completely but that's the only guy I've seen do it and I've seen a lot of people flying up and down that wash out!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
94 Posts
It was caused by a wash out on the trail the same one me and everyone else drives down to get in the park. Not blaming the bike completely but that's the only guy I've seen do it and I've seen a lot of people flying up and down that wash out!!

2013 850ho
I hear ya. It all depends on the situation. I know people that have issues with there wheelers and blame it on the wheeler when the issues were caused by themselves.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It is also funny how the people who havn't had problems are the ones always saying how great they are and those problems cannot be true. I guess people are just getting on here and making things up for the heck of it. I guess the rods coming out of the side of some 850 motors and valves failing on some 550 motors are just made up BS people have posted. What about all the electrical problems with the PS units? I guess all those post on here are BS also.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Ronnie

·
Premium Member
11,501 Posts
When I bought my quad I was under the misconception that it was bullet proof. Because of it I abused it. Basically I had to change my oproach to riding. But I have come to this conclusion if u r going to ride hard u better have money to pay to have it wrenched on or do the wrenching urself. I also come up with this analogy, u know those totally built roll caged buggies the blast up really step technical hills in the woods out here on the east coast or the worked rock crawlers that are built for the western US terrain? I think in a lot of atv purchasers minds, blame it advertising or whatever, that's the type of vehicle they think their getting when they purchase the quad equivalent of a jeep rubicon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just hope mine lasts as long as the Honda's I owned did. It definitely out performs them. This will be my first winter with an EFI bike, I cant wait to see how she does!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I just hope mine lasts as long as the Honda's I owned did. It definitely out performs them. This will be my first winter with an EFI bike, I cant wait to see how she does!
Good luck!! Nothing lasts like those old Hondas!! Not even the newer Hondas(there close though)!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It is also funny how the people who havn't had problems are the ones always saying how great they are and those problems cannot be true. I guess people are just getting on here and making things up for the heck of it. I guess the rods coming out of the side of some 850 motors and valves failing on some 550 motors are just made up BS people have posted. What about all the electrical problems with the PS units? I guess all those post on here are BS also.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Ronnie
Well said!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
270 Posts
The bottom line is that if these Polaris ATV's are as bad as some people say they are, Polaris would no longer be one of the top ATV sellers, heck, they wouldn't even be in the business!! In this day & age, you have to have a good product or the competition will walk all over you.
I believe it when people say the front end bushings wear out prematurely, GREASE is cheap, use it, lol!!! just my 2 cents :cowboy:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The bottom line is that if these Polaris ATV's are as bad as some people say they are, Polaris would no longer be one of the top ATV sellers, heck, they wouldn't even be in the business!! In this day & age, you have to have a good product or the competition will walk all over you.
I believe it when people say the front end bushings wear out prematurely, GREASE is cheap, use it, lol!!! just my 2 cents :cowboy:
Grease is cheap but it doesn't help any. They are just a cheap bushing POPO buys and it makes them a good profit when so many have gone bad. Just like brakes, ball joints and rear wheel bearings.

Ronnie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts