Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Crap my son cliped the side of a tree with my brand new 570!!! Hes okay thank God but damn only 45 miles and its going to the shop. What a crap evening this turned out to be.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
sorry to hear man, glad he is ok!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well the machine can be fixed..but glad your son is ok....been there with my son...

·
Premium Member
10,611 Posts
yeah f#ck the quad as long as the boy is all good that's all that matters.

·
Registered
553 Posts
That sucks about the machine but it can be fixed or replaced a son not so much, glad he is ok.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys glad he is okay too. Just have to see how much its going to cost now...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had a similar experience with my daughter on my 550. Had less than 20 hours on it when she hit a pine. Broke an A-arm and an axle, but she was fine. I just used it as an excuse to start beefing it up! put in a Rhino axle, and new stateline customs arched a-arms!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what appears to have been broken is the a-arm and possibly ball joint. Got to dark out soon after to really get it torn apart and looked at. Already been thinking about the beef it up excuse now...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
glad hes ok, all Polaris sportsman's need bumpers, first 3 days I had my 800 touring I was gone at school and my dad let my cousin ride it and smashed the hole front end.....he was fine but I was pissed all my money saved of for 2 1/2 years crushed XD being 13 and paying 6k of the 7k for the bike. I would say when shes fixed buy a bumper worth every penny.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you mention a bumper i was just looking at them online.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i have pics i just have no clue how to resize it to make it small enough to post it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay i think i have the pic on here of the bent up a-arm

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I replaced my broke a-arm with a set of stateline customs arched a-arms. They arm much heavier dust than stock and give you a little wider clearance in ruts. I love them

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well after this little incident I think there will be several upgrades made to "beef" it up a little bit.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would suggest selling the kid on the black market to repair the machine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It happens, I totaled a brand new 550 this summer. First day with it out and 16 miles on it. Shit happens as long as everyone is ok and learns from it is what matters

·
Registered
182 Posts
Funny you mention a bumper i was just looking at them online.
Glad your son was ok. Speaking of bumpers I just installed front and rear "Ultimate Python" Bumpers from ATV-GURU.COM They are beefy for sure. Hope I don't test them out but they look like I will go over the handlebars before they break. Some may argue they are a lil pricey but I believe you get what ya pay for especially with bumpers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Polarisparts123.com. do all the work yourself and it wont be too bad. Any damage to the plastics.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts