Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I have a Wileyco RS46 SS system with header pipe and matching silencer (muffler) that I took off my 05 Scrambler 500 HO. It is not too loud and has a very nice deep rumble.

Being that the biggest change was only the plastics on the 09's, you should OK.

You can see it over at www.mnolte.sasktelwebsite.net

It has the USFS spark arrestor installed and has only about 12 hours of use.

It is time to pay it forward, so the price is cheap.

BTW this silencer will fit a number of other bikes because of the sliding mounting clamps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
polaris exhaust

papa,

Does this system provide a noticable performance gain over the stock kit? Did you rejet your '05 with this exhaust? Any reason for selling? No issues right?

Also, I am not very mechanically inclined. Is this a difficult install?

Thanks,
Justin
Cortland, Ohio

P

·
0 Posts
papa,

Does this system provide a noticable performance gain over the stock kit? Did you rejet your '05 with this exhaust? Any reason for selling? No issues right?

Also, I am not very mechanically inclined. Is this a difficult install?

Thanks,
Justin
Cortland, Ohio
This system showed some gain by letting the motor rev quicker.
I did not rejet the carb and I did have a two layer UNI foam filter on also. The jets are fairly rich from the factory but more gains could be reached by playing with the jets.
Reason for selling... 09 Sportsman 850XP with EPS and IRS. ;) :)

This was so easy to install. I did not have a spring puller but put together one with a bent piece of coat hanger and a 4"-5" bolt as a handle.

1. Remove the four screws and bolts to remove the plastic heat shield.
2. Use the spring puller to remove the 5 springs that hold the OEM header pipe together.
3. Remove the 2 nuts holding the header pipe to the engine block.
4. Remove the (cool) header pipe.
5. Loosen the two rubber mounted bolts on the muffler and slide the muffler off.
6. Slide the two band clamps onto the header pipes.
7. Install the new header pipes but leave the band clamps loose. (It is your choice if you want to leave the rubber vibration knob in place)
8. Remove the two rubber mounted bolts from the OEM muffler and install them back in to the slots in the chassis with the rubber mounts but without the nuts on yet.
9. Fit the Wileyco mounting bands on the silencer and install over the mounting bolts and the header pipe.
10. Install and tighten the mounting nuts on the muffler.
11. Ensure that nothing rubs.
12. Install the two supplied springs.
13. Tighten the two nuts at the engine block.
14. Tighten the two supplied band clamps where (a) where the header pipe enters the muffler and (b) where that pipe joins with the front header pipe.
15. Recheck that all nuts and clamps are secure!
16. Reinstall the plastic heat shield with your 4 screws and nuts.
17. Recheck that the four screws and nuts are not loose or over tightened!
18. Clean your tools and return them to their proper storage locations.
19. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
header

Well, thanks for the detailed steps. I think I can do this. By the way the reason I am looking to increase horse power is do to the fact my cousin smoked my brand new '09 Scrambler with his brand new '09 sportsman 550 XP :grumble:

Ok, I will take it for your asking $150. But I was hoping you would cover shipping to me at...
6 Turnberry Place
Cortland, Oh

If all is good email a phone number and I will give you a call tomorrow to arrange for payment.

Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Well, thanks for the detailed steps. I think I can do this. By the way the reason I am looking to increase horse power is do to the fact my cousin smoked my brand new '09 Scrambler with his brand new '09 sportsman 550 XP :grumble:

Ok, I will take it for your asking $150. But I was hoping you would cover shipping to me at...
6 Turnberry Place
Cortland, Oh

If all is good email a phone number and I will give you a call tomorrow to arrange for payment.

Thanks
I checked around and found that the post office was the cheapest shipping to 44410 for $34.60.

How about $167.30 shipped.

You will not find a price this low even on eBay!

Just let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers.

·
Banned
9 Posts
You will need to remove the waterbox and resonators and slide out towards the back. You can try to remove the exhaust manifold but it may be to hard to get at all the bolts...and Im not sure even then it will come straight up and out.

P

·
0 Posts
OK. $150 shipped to you at Cortland OH.

6 Turnberry Place
Cortland, Oh

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts