Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Sportsman 400; already purchased set of 4 new tires --- now looking for an "as new" set of STOCK steel Polaris wheels; I believe fronts are 25x8-12, rears are 25x10-12. Am limited on wheel choice since atv MUST fit 48"-wide trailer gate opening ... email: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I find that dealers offer good prices on take offs. Basically brand new tires and rims other customers did not want or upgraded to custom from the get to.

Try your lock dealers too!!

CW

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was able to pick up a pair of new rear take-offs on ebay. Less than $35 and that included shipping for both rims. It just took about a month looking ever Monday after work. Like you I was wanting to keep the width down.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
ITP Deltas are about 40$ a wheel

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's a good price. The problem I found with aftermarket rims was that at the 4/3 offset it made the width of the machine wider than I wanted. Of course it will depend on the front tire width the OP has, as to rather or not he can use the stock front rims without spacers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm dealing with a maximum width issue --- the current bent steel Polaris rims on my quad are the MAXIMUM width my hunting/atv trailer will accept (has 48"-wide rear gate). Like Dyna105 stated, what I've found in aftermarket rims are just a bit too wide. I have some time to find a replacement set, so I'll keep looking. Thanks guys for your input --- appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That's a good price. The problem I found with aftermarket rims was that at the 4/3 offset it made the width of the machine wider than I wanted. Of course it will depend on the front tire width the OP has, as to rather or not he can use the stock front rims without spacers.
There are the stock offset for value line. I have 2 on the rear cause I wrecked one and got 2 for less then 1 stock replacement. Fit perfect

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts