Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,I am from WV and new to this site.It looks pretty good so far.I own a 06 Predator 500 TLD,07 Sportsman 500 EFI and an 09 Sportsman 550 XP.I hope the XP is as good as the hype.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
441 Posts
howdy , nice country there in wv ..............love the hm trails

·
Registered
173 Posts
hey I ride the Indian Ridge, Pinnacle Creek trails of the Hatfield McCoy trail systems. I also ride on the Wagon wheel trails too. I usually go up there once or twice a month

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been to Pinnacle Ck. 2 times this year.The first time I went we tried to find Wagon Wheel but no one that we talked to knew the way and we ended up with about 20 people looking for it,but they gave up,so we just rode up to Bud Mtn and a couple of kids told us how to get there.There are 2 or 3 different ways to get to WW from Pinnacle.Have you heard about the new trail they are working on over towards Bramwell,WV in Mercer county?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been to Pinnacle Ck. 2 times this year.The first time I went we tried to find Wagon Wheel but no one that we talked to knew the way and we ended up with about 20 people looking for it,but they gave up,so we just rode up to Bud Mtn and a couple of kids told us how to get there.There are 2 or 3 different ways to get to WW from Pinnacle.Have you heard about the new trail they are working on over towards Bramwell,WV in Mercer county?
hey Slider, I think they are putting 2 HM trails systems in this fall from what I am hearing. One in Bramwell and the other in Matoaka. You can get to the Wagon Wheel trails from Trail 23 on the Pinnacle Creek trail system, but there is no way in the world I could ever explain how to get there on the Internet. You need to hook up with someone who has been on em. The trails are ok I guess. They are very wide, but extremely rocky in some places. I recommend a utilty atv more than a sport quad on those trails. There are no rules and there are a bunch of idiot drunk rednecks that ride em, so you have to watch out for the other person rather than yourself when riding. My wife prefers riding the Hatfield more than the Wagon wheel, which i don't blame her in a way. As far as I'm concerned I wish HM would take over the whole thing. A lot of the people who ride the wagon don't ride the HM trails because they don't want to pay $50.00 for a permit, but yet they can afford to pay $6000 to $8000 for an atv and $100 for a weekends worth of beer and liquor. Thats the mentality of some of the people up there, but for the most part most of the people are very nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Off of trail 23, get on either trails 96, 95, 97 (extremely difficult) and at the end of those trails, just keep going straight and don't pay any attention to the "not part of the trail system" signs. You will crossover the creek twice (its kind of deep right now so be careful in the Predator) and just keep going straight and you will come upon a long barb wire fence row along the trail, which i would say is .3 to .5 of a mile. After the fence row, you will come to an intersection, take a left and that will lead you to the Wagon Wheel. There are usually a bunch of riders at the intersection taking a break getting drunk and telling a bunch of atv lies, They can help you out. Just ask where 6-mile creek is or where the river trails are? Be prepared to get wet, because there are tons of creeks going through there and some parts of the trails are really rutted out. Take a few extra riders with ya for help!
I know I sound harsh about some of the riders up there, but I've been going up there for 3 years now and I've come to the conclusion that some of the riders up there are just like hunters and fishermans.....Full of B.S. and lies. Whatever they are riding on is the fastest, most reliable, best riding, mud conquering atv ever made. But I guess thats what makes it fun and interesting.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:lmao: I've been there a couple of times.There is at least 2 ways maybe 3 to get there.When I get to the extreme trails,I go straight up the creek,where 23 goes up the hill towards the blacktop,instead of turning right when I ride the Pred.not as many deep creeks.I have came back to Pinnacle the way you are talking about with some guys and they took a shortcut off of 23 to the blacktop and past a coal mine.It didnt take very long to get back going that way.I'm not sure if I could find that way again.You are right about the drinking,there is plenty of it.We seen a drunk guy at the bottom of Bud mtn.go in a deep hole and he flew over the handle bars and right on his face in the mud :beer: I dont have anything against drinking a few beers during the day,but dont drink so much that it clouds your judgement of the trails.That is dangerous!!! and stupid!!! I heard H&M is trying to get another trail going over towards Wayne county also,but they are having land owner issues or something like that.It would be nice if they would get some of them connected.I think the trail you are talking about in Matoaka is the same as Bramwell.From what I hear,it is suppose to connect with Indian Ridge.That would be pretty good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:lmao: I've been there a couple of times.There is at least 2 ways maybe 3 to get there.When I get to the extreme trails,I go straight up the creek,where 23 goes up the hill towards the blacktop,instead of turning right when I ride the Pred.not as many deep creeks.I have came back to Pinnacle the way you are talking about with some guys and they took a shortcut off of 23 to the blacktop and past a coal mine.It didnt take very long to get back going that way.I'm not sure if I could find that way again.You are right about the drinking,there is plenty of it.We seen a drunk guy at the bottom of Bud mtn.go in a deep hole and he flew over the handle bars and right on his face in the mud :beer: I dont have anything against drinking a few beers during the day,but dont drink so much that it clouds your judgement of the trails.That is dangerous!!! and stupid!!! I heard H&M is trying to get another trail going over towards Wayne county also,but they are having land owner issues or something like that.It would be nice if they would get some of them connected.I think the trail you are talking about in Matoaka is the same as Bramwell.From what I hear,it is suppose to connect with Indian Ridge.That would be pretty good.
Oh I love a cold beer on a hot summer day, but not a case strapped to my rear rack.:shot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts