Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,501 Posts
The machine was factory built for Two passengers. It has a slightly longer wheelbase and built-in footrests for the passenger

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The machine was factory built for Two passengers. It has a slightly longer wheelbase and built-in footrests for the passenger
TY - I had a suspicion that was the case but not sure.
But there is an actual difference in wheelbase ?? Interesting. I’m going to look at a 2021 850 that is an X2. Any other differences ??
There is no winch on this one and I’ll need to install one, I assume that is not a problem ??

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
More specifically the X2 notation is specifically in reference to 4 wheel versions with the dump bed. Like @FPD218 said they are also two up machines. FYI the touring model is a standard looking ATV that has the extra seat and the length to accommodate an additional rider.

Reactions: Gmartino100

·
Registered
2015 SP 570 Touring. South La/MS
79 Posts
But there is an actual difference in wheelbase ?? Interesting. I’m going to look at a 2021 850 that is an X2. Any other differences ??
There is no winch on this one and I’ll need to install one, I assume that is not a problem ??
Wheelbase should be around 5” longer, I think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They didn't make the X2 in an 850 (other than one special edition in like 2013, I believe). They do have a touring model in an 850, but not the X2. The X2 has a dump bed that converts into a 2nd seat - see my profile pic as an example.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They didn't make the X2 in an 850 (other than one special edition in like 2013, I believe). They do have a touring model in an 850, but not the X2. The X2 has a dump bed that converts into a 2nd seat - see my profile pic as an example.
So is the touring model the one that is produced with the second seat ??

(The things one learns from posting a question !!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
So is the touring model the one that is produced with the second seat ??

(The things one learns from posting a question !!)
Correct. Before 2022, polaris had 4 different "2-up" sportsman models (4 wheelers designed to legally carry a passenger). The touring models came in a 570, 850, and 1000 engine sizes and a dedicated second seat, and the x2 came in the 570 engine size with a dump bed that converts into a second seat. As of 2022, it appears the x2 is no longer being manufactured, which is a shame because I absolutely love mine.

I have seen some people mislabel the "XP" model as an x2, but XP refers to the chassis from my understanding. I think the only touring model with the XP chassis is the 1000, though I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, does anyone have more information if the X2 will be manufactured in 2022? I would like to order one in germany and I hoped that they will do an upgrade with the new headlights of the classic sportsman?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts