Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O, just got my X2. it is an 08 and per the owners manual "When equiped with the worklight option, there will be an on/off switch on the steering pod." Well, there is not on mine. HOwever, there is wires going to the "White worklights" on the rear of the machine. Now there is no light bulds in either light, so I a cannot tell if they work any way. But I plan on getting these little white lights and plugging in.
Since there is no switch on my pod, will these white lights only come on when the machine is in Reverse? Of will thy not work at all? If they will not work at all due to no switch on the dash, why is there wires hooked up to where the light bulb plugs in?
THanks.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
They will not come on in reverse, unless you mod it to do that. Your machine is completely wired up for this kit. Notice how it said it was an option.

Polaris sells a work light kit. I think it is $20-$30. It will have both bulbs, and a switch. Put the bulbs in, and hook them up, take your headlight pod off, and underneath you'll see 4 rectangle indents in the plastic on the underside. You also see wires wrapped up that will fit the spades on the switch. You take an xacto knife and cut out one of the rectangle indents on the side the wires are, push you switch through this hole, connect the wires in the pod to the back of the switch, and everything should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.