Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 08 800 x2 and i'm looking to upgrade to bigger more agresive tires keeping the stock aluminum wheels if possible. what would be my tire options?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have Pit Bull Rockers on my 07 500 X2, couldn't be happier with my choice. Very smooth riding considering the aggressive tread and being 8 ply.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Super Moderator
7,075 Posts
I had Kenda Bearclaws and Maxxis Bighorns on mine. Both worked well. You will need to put wheel spacers on the front if you are going bigger than 8" wide on the front with the OEM wheels. Room enough for anything on the rears with no problem. Bighorns were by far the better tire of the two. Rockers are great as well, but they will cost you some serious $$$!

·
Registered
964 Posts
hi i have a 08 800 x2 and i'm looking to upgrade to bigger more agresive tires keeping the stock aluminum wheels if possible. what would be my tire options?

How do you plan on riding your machine? That really makes a huge difference.

How big do you want to go? +1 or +2 in size?

Would you prefer a radial or bias?

biz
:wavey:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Your riding conditions, terrain, and use of the machine need to be taken into consideration for what tires to get. I assume you want bigger to go through deeper holes and mud mostly. Like most others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts