Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an X2? I'm interested in this 4 wheeler, many ways to configure this quad, but I would still like some performance from the machine, coming off my HL1000 I'm sure it's not anywhere near as powerful, but I haven't ridden a 570 at all. Like the little dump bed for work and play, would probably keep this one out of the mud.....
The one downside of this thing is price, it's more expensive then a 1000 regular Sportsman, or a bad ass 850 XP.
Don't even know if I'm asking a question, but do people like theirs? Good value for money?
I couldn't find the X2 in any of the forum description, so here I am.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
867 Posts
I have an older 500 x2 and love it . Turf mode works great and makes handling alot nicer . It's not gonna be an atv you go rip trails hard though but overall a great machine

Reactions: gearheadesw1

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I'm expecting going from 95 hp to 47hp might be noticeable.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm gonna come out of the 4-wheeler closet and admit I've had a thing for a 2-up for a while. I wish they would make them sportier looking like the other Sportsman's. I like the little longer wheel base, I'd like the the option to take on another rider who's with me if one of my other machines broke down while on a riding weekend- it would at least save the weekend a bit.. I also like that I could make the 2nd seat removable and make additional storage that could be semi flush right behind me without necessarily having a giant storage bin sticking up 15" or so on the back.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a X10 would be an ultimate work, slash, play 4 wheeler, just make it like the Sportsman 1000 S, but in X2 configuration, one sold right here if they make it.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a 2012 550 X2 6 years ago and absolutely love it. A 400lb capacity dump box that converts to a LEGAL 2-up for a passenger in seconds. My wife really enjoys the ride. 4,200 trouble free miles with regular annual maintenance. A little more power would be nice but this will go fast enough under most conditions. Tops out at 60+ on the GPS. Polaris used to build an X2 850.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after finding out they made this in 850 for a couple of years, I've tried to find one, none to be found by me, anybody have a line on one, 850 X2 LE, any year, looking for one to get, and sell the mud bike....
Thank you @THKSNOW, didn't even know I wanted this, the search is on......

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
927 Posts
Doesn’t can am make a 2up 1k machine? Not sure if it has the dump bed but I know I’ve seen one on the trail

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unsure, I'm all of a sudden sold on the dump bed, and transform into a 2 up quad, also. A complete 180 turn around from the mud bike, I can ride my mud monster anywhere, it goes over anything, it can do other stuff besides mudding, but all it does well is mud. Would be nice to do all kinds of other stuff on my 4 wheeler then ride in mud and clean up......so the dump bed is like first on the need/want list.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the idea of an S x2
Wow

Think of how much the stronger components used on the Sportsman S, could be used in a powerful dump bed version. Tough as nails work quad, then switch to 2 up, or not, and away you go on a nice trail ride, minus the constant urge to submerse the machine.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Digging up a bunch of old X2 threads in here, even some 850 ones, damn it, now I'm hooked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts