Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about buying an Outlaw 525s I know for, just wondered how much I need to do to prepare it for xc racing?? and what are they like reliability wise?? its a 2010 model and only done about 15 hours use since new??

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have raced my '09 450MXR in my local XC series for the past three years. I find they are super reliable and the KTM engine has plenty of power. The frame is strong, no gusseting required. I have not replaced a-arms, but that would be where to start for GNCC I would think. I had my stock shocks resprung and revalved and that works well for me, but the shocks on the 525s aren't as good so probably you'd want new shocks, good ones, your choice of brand. I have a Precision steering stabilizer and consider it required for XC racing. The airbox is terrible, look at replacing it. You'll need a rear skid plate. I found that the brake rotor is huge and the skid plate doesn't fit well; I had to shim it on at an angle to clear the rotor.

Good luck.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Lots of guys race them there reliability is insane and the power they put out is the killer,

prep i would get some good shocks some beadlocks, then tether, handguards and good tires and have a blast man

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can use the long travel TCS shocks from my kfx if I buy some long travel arms and other bits from my kfx like the Flexx bars, steering damper, hiper beadlocks " iv'e got spare kfx front hubs so i'll try them on the polaris so I can run Honda fit wheels allround. I'm test riding the polaris next Saturday!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I buy it next week i'll post some pics!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts