Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing a popping or raspy sound when using the ADC?

·
Registered
667 Posts
have heard of this and guys have been changeing the front diff and the adc fluid and bleeding the air from the adc .

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
both of mine machines 08 800 and 09 850 xp have made that noise and like snw629 said changing your adc fluid helps.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No sounds here. I do plan on changing my ADC Fluid as soon as it warms up. Too cold to be out there now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both of mine machines 08 800 and 09 850 xp have made that noise and like snw629 said changing your adc fluid helps.
Mine didn't start making the noise till the fluid was changed????

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I never heard of changing the fluid causing noise ? I have heard of guys bleeding them havent done it myself yet. that could be the reason.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
when changing fluid are you using different brands or sticking with the polaris stuff? what exactly are you guys putting in?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is the noise from the exhaust like a back fire or something???? Mine did that until mileage reached about 500 kms or so. Doesn't do it anymore. No noises from adc either....

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 550 XP did that. Awful grinding noise when using ADC. Read a post somewhere to change front differential fluid. Poster recommended using new Polaris Demand Drive Plus which works for ADC and front differential. Changed differential only and noise is gone and ADC works. Poster also recommended not to use ADC unless really needed it. That will be my plan also. The diff fluid in machine was black and dirty. Poster recommended checking to see if fluid was black and changing it if it was. Only had about 700 miles on 550 at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts