Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking in installing the viper 3500 LB winch on my 13 touring 850 EPS. The winch comes with all the wiring controls etc and also mount for it. I have been seeing that people say that the 850 doesnt come pre wire and other people say that i doesnt need to be prewired and you can just hook it up to the battery. So do u really need a winch pre wire harness or no . Thank you:hmmm:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Pre wired is just a pair of wires from the battery to the front of the machine. The battery on the XP is at the front so it's easy to get to. Most others are under the seat or at the rear of the machine and require a lot more work to get wire to the front so they do it for you ahead of time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you saying that i shouldnt need to pre wire , i can just hook the winch directly to the battery?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the contanctor reach the battery? Are the wires long enough

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There is plenty of wire in the box to hook it all up. The contactor mounts to the side of the radiator bracket. You need a total of about 2' of wire for it. You will likely have to cut the wire to length, strip it and install the connectors on the ends. It's not hard, and once you get it and see the instructions you will understand it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks, i will order the winch soon, thanks agian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts