Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have any problems with this machine yet? I have only rode it a few times,but fouled plugs already.But sure like the power steering

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And some states don't allow wheels bigger than 12", so the XP's aren't being allowed ORV license tabs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Here are the issue's that I have heard about...

1. Issue: Fouled plugs.
Fix: The ECU needs to be flashed and one stage hotter plug is available from Polaris. Also...when you start your XP make sure it warms up...before turning it off. Polaris has notified dealers of this as well. Sometimes a potential buyer wants to hear the engine in the showroom...and sales person starts the engine...lets it run for 30sec or 1min and then turns it off. That is another known way to fouled the plugs.

2. Issue: Shredded belt.
Fix: NO real fix...other than limiting the XP wide open throttle bursts. Plus could also be mis-alignment issues from factory. No confirmation yet.

3. Issue: broken Front A-Arms
Fix: Polaris now has different front a-arms for the XP's. The change was made between February and March of 2009 compared to the first release XP a-arms. Limit the jumping with XP...and should have no issues.

4. Issue: Worn out brakes
Fix: None to date. Several reports that brake pads worn out with 200 or 300 miles on them. Not sure how hard these machines were driven!

5. Issue: OEM tires not so good in mud or snow
Fix: Replace tires with better quality.

Now...keep in mind...that some of these issues could be driver related...so I cannot speak to that.

Hope this helps...

biz
:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
So far I love mine. I have not had any of these issues. I am guilty of not letting it warm up and will correct that in the future. So far it is the best quad I have ever been on.

Don

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love mine! I have had 2 issuies with it the rear axels clicked in reverse (warrentied) and the top right ball joint was loose and wore out the knuckel (warrenty). My dealer took care of both as soon as I told him about it.Zero days down:)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Sounds to me like new rig. blues , that's why I don't buy anything first year in production!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The good out weighs the bad it is one wicked ride and it still has less issues than my buddy's new canned-ham:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
850 problems

Any body have any problems with this machine yet? I have only rode it a few times,but fouled plugs already.But sure like the power steering
i have a 850xp eps and it has been in the shop more than i have been able to ride it altho the dealer has been good about warranty and tryn to fix it i have had it for about three months its been to the shop for a throtel sensor shreded belt and now they have to take the motor out to replace a part that is supposed to take away some of the power that hits the belt it makes no sence to me that i paid almnost 13,000 for it and its already messn up . i paid that much for it after a 5 year extended warranty
30 inch silverbacks and crome ss rims 3000lb winch it is a beast but all thoes problems and its not even had its first service thats bs as much as i paid for it it shouldnt matter how i ride it they arent made to go easy uknow ps hoter plugs fixed the plug problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many hours do you have on it right now. I just got to my brake in service and I have had no problems yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
only problem i have had is belts i drive it hard tho im hopeing a clutch kit will help and the ball joint got done on the recall other than that best quad i ever rode bar none

1 - 13 of 13 Posts