Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just following up on a previous post. has any one used an aftermarket bushing kit? and how did it work out over the long run?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Interested in this as well. I don't necessarily mind greasing my bushings, but when they eventually go out, I'd like to know what the best option is out there.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Do a search and you will see the only long lasting bushings are sold by a member on here "jcapri"

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
Do a search and you will see the only long lasting bushings are sold by a member on here "jcapri"
exactly. I have them on my bike with around 400 miles. from hatfield McCoy to some knarly rocky trails in pa they are as tight as the day they were installed. if he doesn't post on this thread message him, jccapri.

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
Any long term reviews on these bushings? What is the average lifespan of the jccapri bushing?
I have 1500 IMHO hard miles on my jccapri bushings and they are still very tight. Not one complaint!

Wow ,Thanks. Does anyone know if forum members get a discount.Like a promo or coupon code?
I've never heard of codes for members with that said they are not expensive in comparison to OEM and the fact that they will be the last bushing set you buy speaks for the value of them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ever really take a close look at the Polaris bushing? I took a mic to one and found it to be slightly tapered on the inside and the very small lip at the outer end was the only place that really makes tight contact with the sleeve . I would imagine the design is mostly for ease of installation in the manufacturing process . Jon's bushings were very tight going in and a couple were tighter fits than the others , which I would guess is more due to the A-arm not being a machined part but just a piece of DOM tubing which varies in diameter. I'm quite sure any aftermarket bushing will give you a better result than the Polaris counterpart , in part due to it being a machined part VS a injection molded piece .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for all the input fellas,There are a few diff.companies out there,but I definitely feel confident going with these.Ive read some people grease them,some don't.For those that don't,do they squeak like crazy?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Thanks for all the input fellas,There are a few diff.companies out there,but I definitely feel confident going with these.Ive read some people grease them,some don't.For those that don't,do they squeak like crazy?
I butter lubed the set I put in two years ago with a waterproof Crimson grease. I have tried to lip use them, but they are so darn tight, grease will not go in. I have never had one of JCCapri's bushings squeak. I did buy the complete set.

Can not recommend them more.

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts