Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold my 2010 850 touring after 4 years of outstanding service from it.. pained me to do it but I couldn't pass up the offer.. so its shopping time again.. I'm torn between changing things up and trying out a 570 eps or jumping back onto another xp.. knowing the xp as well as I do I have no reservations about getting another one.. Except for one.. I'm curious what the opinion is here on the forum regarding polaris plans for the xp.. How convinced are you that they might come out with a new XP for 2015?.. We know there will likely be a 1000 version of it.. My hunch is that if they do change.. It'll be primarily styling changes.. They have spent the last 5 years really sweetening the frame and suspension combo they have now, so I doubt if they're ready mess with it any time soon.. As for my dilemma.. The 570 is scaring me a bit because of the "new bike" issues its having.. I hate gremlins!.. Its a good machine and is going to get better as they continue to work out the bugs. The xp in its current form is as solid as they come and I say that from experience.. Just can't decide if its gonna bug me if I buy a 14', then they come out with a brand new XP for 2015..

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you looking at a 2-up 570? No eps available for some odd reason on the touring 570.

·
Registered
978 Posts
From what I hear polaris engineers are not saying nothing about a 1000 coming out. Is it because they want it a surprise or because its not coming?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The 570 is a great bike but I really think that you will be disappointed after having owned an 850. I know that as much as I like my 500's I always choose my 850's when I am riding.

·
Registered
978 Posts
id agree with inrbigness. You cant go from a 850 to a smaller size. Im not saying its not a great machine but i personally wld not want to down grade power.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
my prediction is they drop the 550 xp and go to an 850 XP and 1000 XP, and drop the 800 and go with a 900 Value line model. This is all shots in the dark but with the 1000 scrambler it's just new plastics for an XP sportsman to get the 1000. and with the 570 there is no need for the 550 xp as it's smaller than the Value line mid range model. and the 800 is just due for a change and with the 900 already in the stable it's a good choice to put into the value line... assuming they can get the engine to fit.

Granted they could keep the 550 and go three deep in the XP line like they have in the Value line.

X3 on the 850-570 you'll be disappointed unless you never used the 850 for anything more than cruising.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
my prediction is they drop the 550 xp and go to an 850 XP and 1000 XP, and drop the 800 and go with a 900 Value line model. This is all shots in the dark but with the 1000 scrambler it's just new plastics for an XP sportsman to get the 1000. and with the 570 there is no need for the 550 xp as it's smaller than the Value line mid range model. and the 800 is just due for a change and with the 900 already in the stable it's a good choice to put into the value line... assuming they can get the engine to fit.

Granted they could keep the 550 and go three deep in the XP line like they have in the Value line.

X3 on the 850-570 you'll be disappointed unless you never used the 850 for anything more than cruising.
or leave the value line as is, and replace the 850 with 900

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^Its probably safe to say the 400 is on the way out the door, with the ace engine ready to take its place. I could also see the 900 booting the 800. Then they would cover 350?cc, 570cc, and 900cc in the Value Line. That is a nice broad range. The xp line i could see them leaving it as is and adding the 1,000. 3 models value, 3 models performance.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yea i don't know why they wld mess with the value lines. They made those for the reason to save folks like me money!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Yea i don't know why they wld mess with the value lines. They made those for the reason to save folks like me money!
Because they are moving away from the Fugi motors and towards having all their motors designed and manufactured in house. This saves the consumer money and increases profits at the same time.

·
Registered
852 Posts
if i had to guess. Polaris's future lineup will include.

new Sportsman 325/350 with a detuned version of the Aces engine. "replaces Sportsman 400"
new Ranger 325/350 with a detuned version of the Aces engine. "replaces Ranger 400"
new RZR 900 Trail. using the detuned 900 engine, replaces 800 trail.
new RZR 900-S to replace the 800-S and old 900-XP a midway point between trail and full on 1000XP
new Ranger 900 6x6 to replace the 800 6x6, and likely discontinue the 800 fullsize series.

Sportsman wise. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1000 go into the XP lineup. but they just recently had a mild plastic facelift so I wouldn't expect any real cosmetic changes.

"i forgot his name" said the 900 may not fit in the sportsman VL so I'm wondering if Polaris won't discontinue the 800 models? moving the Big Boss to the 570 model.

i don't think they'll stop making the 550s, if they do they'll have to move the X2 to to either an 850 or to the Value line as a 570.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Why would they discontinue the 800 though? From what I gather it's super reliable and has boat loads of torque.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The 800 is not a fuji engine!!!! It is the last of the liberty engines. And frankly its design is outdated. I would bet money it will be gone in the next group of changes made to the value line up.

To the op, i would wait until the 2015's are released, or you will feel like a sucker if the 2015s are a re design. 2015 is an anniversary year for popo so i forsee big changes.

Look at the scrambler forum for example, how many guys have traded in their 2013 850's for a 1000.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you looking at a 2-up 570? No eps available for some odd reason on the touring 570.
no, just looking at the 1-up.. but I cannot believe they made the 570 touring without eps.. In addition.. To the guys warning me that I'm gonna miss that 850 HP to much.. I hear ya'.. And you're probably right.. I'm gonna test ride a 570 just for kicks if I can.. If its smooth and has a bit of snap to it, I'll consider it.. However, at this point I'm probably 70-30 in favor of another 850 if I can hunt down the right deal..

·
Registered
978 Posts
I hope your right! That wld be awesome. If it is true wonder how it will compare to the can am 1000

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone get new 2015 ranger xp 900 just ordered hunters edition never had a Polaris before always had Hondas and Yamahas last one was rhino never any problems is there anything I should know about Polaris

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yea, your in for a way more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks got cab heat huydralic plow radio bumpers light bar camo doors and roof 14 inch polaris black 8 spoke rims w 27 inch ripsaws new truck payment

1 - 20 of 39 Posts