Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my front springs bottom out some...i have the preload on lowest setting..I will crank them up and see the difference but if it doesnt help how are the highlifter springs? Im a fast trail rider sometime technical stuff so I need a smooth ride..my buddy took the springs from the Browning XP (they are more heavy duty) and he likes them but he still destroys the rubber bump stops..

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you put stiffer springs it will stiffen your ride. It will take care of you bottoming out problem but you will also lose the smooth ride.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Highlifter = yellow and EPI = black. Which color do you like best? :)

I run the stiffest setting on my stock springs. I have a XT30 winch, 29lb Guru front bumper and 2 x 1 gallon fuel packs in the front box. I have never had a issue bottoming out. Even with my front mount plow installed.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You probably need shocks that are catch some air specific. Polaris XP's are built to accomadate more than one style of rider, and they are famous for their comfort. Some people have performance confused with HeavyDuty. Just like any other vehicle, you build it up with after market parts to fit your riding style. With that being said, you probably need to build you quad to fit your riding style.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
You probably need shocks that are catch some air specific. Polaris XP's are built to accommodate more than one style of rider, and they are famous for their comfort. Some people have performance confused with Heavy Duty. Just like any other vehicle, you build it up with after market parts to fit your riding style. With that being said, you probably need to build you quad to fit your riding style.
I think this is good advice...

I have HD shocks all around on my '07 and I like the firmer ride. But it did loose allot of the nice plush suspension the sportsman is known for...

It's like Hawk says, they design them for the biggest percentage of riders. What they figure will satisfy the biggest group of riders. When you differ from that group, you find the shortcomings and it time to mod things to fit your own style...

CW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts