Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 550XP And a 2010 850XP and looking at tires. Would like to keep stock width so I'll use stock wheels. Im looking at the following tires, interco reptiles,pitbull growlers and pitbull growlers ubers. Which sizes/tire would work best? We ride mud, sand, rocks and hard packed from Texas to Pennsylvania.
Now I know on the 09 550 I may have to bend the sway bar or has anyone ran 27-9-14 all the way around?
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! And yes A LOT of people have than those size tires, you'll have no problem other than what you mentioned about the sway bar. Have you looked at the Maxxis Bighorns? Those are a very popular tire with great reviews. Oh and I heard the pitbulls are very heavy for a atv tire

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree with Big2317! Big horns are a popular tire. Read the various forums. They are a universally loved tire!!! The only negative is there use in big mud. You don't mention that. I have read they are at least as good usually better that the stock tires in heavy mud. So even heavy mud ability is relative.

I just bought a set of 26" for my 700. I can hardly wait for all that white junk to melt to hit the trails!!!!!!

OH BTW, if you do go B H, know that they run large. So 25" is closer to 26".

Good luck,
CW

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have tested many tires and love the Grim Reaper tires the best. More aggressive tread then the BH, 8 ply yet a soft and awesome tire for just about any use. Also the GBC Spartacus has had lots of positive feedback. Its more for mud and a 8 ply.
GBC SPARTACUS 14" TIRE KIT (4 tires)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XP Tires

OK, I just squeezed the trigger and ordered 2 sets of Pitbill Growler XOR's. As soon as I get aruond to testing them out I'll repost! At what thay cost I'm expecting alot.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
OK, I just squeezed the trigger and ordered 2 sets of Pitbill Growler XOR's. As soon as I get aruond to testing them out I'll repost! At what thay cost I'm expecting alot.
Its a great looking tire.
Good luck wit them, I'm looking forward to the pics!!

CW

P

·
0 Posts
I would be interested in how smooth those Pitbill Growler XOR's ride.

How deep are the lugs when new? 30/32" or 1.00" or taller?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts