Polaris ATV Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't have my bike at home, but it looks the same as guru, I have a pic from a ride I was on but it is a side view, I will try to load it. I had some stuff under the cooler otherwise it sits pretty well level

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice job. Almost exactly what I had in mind except I was planning diamond plate. Great minds think alike. :chairfall:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just mounted 28" mega Meyhams on my touring, trimmed the footrest metal and adjusted shocks to 2nd highest on rear and no problems, also still using stock rims

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
First, let me say, I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking at 28" EFX Moto MTC's for my Touring. Any thoughts on whether these would be able to fit without rubbing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just going over this today at my dealers and he could not give me a exact info i was looking for. I have a 2014 570 touring plain jane model with the black 12 inch steel rims with the 489 tires, and I would like to go with 14inch wheels from STI the HD-6 with 26x9x14 and 26x11x14 Ripsaw tires. Anyone running this combo on a touring model?

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
I was just going over this today at my dealers and he could not give me a exact info i was looking for. I have a 2014 570 touring plain jane model with the black 12 inch steel rims with the 489 tires, and I would like to go with 14inch wheels from STI the HD-6 with 26x9x14 and 26x11x14 Ripsaw tires. Anyone running this combo on a touring model?
Just a couple thoughts here. I run 26x9/11x12 tires on my 570 Touring EPS. All I had to do was bend the metal tab on the footwell brace, and nothing has rubbed since. If the 26x14 tires run true to size, I would assume they would clear with the same small adjustment. That being said, I strongly recommend sticking with 12" wheels if you are running 26" tall tires. This is doubly true if you ride rough, rocky terrain. I would never go to 14's unless I could mount a 28" tire on them, which takes some modifications on a Touring model.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So the later models come from the factory with 26 PXT tires and there is no longer a bracket that can rub. Looks like there are be some ribs in the plastic that may need to be trimmed. Any further insight appreciated. I'll see about doing some pics and evaluation at some point here. Probably should have done this while I had the socks off...

I'm thinking 27" Vampires (Vampire II) would be awesome on this machine.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts