Polaris ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I thought I would update this post. The Touring now has over 1000 miles of use with the 25.5" Pitbull Rockers and is having zero rubbing issues. I still haven't completely warmed up to the short little seat but it has gotten better.

Here are a few updated "dirty" pictures. I opted for another lower-profile fuel pack mount setup for when on short rides.

Wow...a 1000 miles...and the Rockers still look NEW! Seem like excellent wear...

So...how do they perform? Mud, rocks, trails, sand, etc. Just curious...because the Rockers are on the top of my tire list...

biz
:yup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are there any other options?
I see duro makes a copy cat of the bighorns in the same size as stock. It's a four ply tire, which seems a little thin. Opinions?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Howdy Fishy.......good looking Touring, even when dirty! So, after a 1000 miles on the Rockers, how is the ride, handling and so forth. Thanx.......NoJoke
Sorry for the late response, just caught this post. Ride and handling is great with the Rocker's on both of our machines. They have performed well with everything I have put them thru thus far.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I thought I would update this post. The Touring now has over 1000 miles of use with the 25.5" Pitbull Rockers and is having zero rubbing issues. I still haven't completely warmed up to the short little seat but it has gotten better.

Here are a few updated "dirty" pictures. I opted for another lower-profile fuel pack mount setup for when on short rides.

Wow...a 1000 miles...and the Rockers still look NEW! Seem like excellent wear...

So...how do they perform? Mud, rocks, trails, sand, etc. Just curious...because the Rockers are on the top of my tire list...

biz
:yup:
They have been wearing great, keeping them off the pavement definitely helps. They have been an excellent tire on the trails, in the rocks, and crossing downed trees. They have seen very little mud but have worked well enough until I got high-centered but thats not a tire fault. They have also performed way better than expected in the snow and on the ice, I used them a ton for ice fishing and they didn't disappoint.

At this point in time I would definitely purchase another set as other than price these have exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have read all the posts on here which is lots. I would like to put a 28" tire on my touring and was wondering if any one knows what offset rim I would have to use or would a 1" spacer give me enough room from the footwell if I trim it like others have done with the original rims
Thanks

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I am running a offset of 5+2 on all 4 witch in real measurements is closer to a 4+3 and have plenty of clearance. I am just over 50 wide with my 11 inch rears at the stiffest setting on the shocks. This is the wheel I am using. Sportsman XP 14" STI C7 Wheel . Any questions feel free to call the shop & ask for Thor.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am running a offset of 5+2 on all 4 witch in real measurements is closer to a 4+3 and have plenty of clearance. I am just over 50 wide with my 11 inch rears at the stiffest setting on the shocks.

Thanks are they 28" tires you are running and do you have to run it on stiffest setting or is that your preference

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am running a offset of 5+2 on all 4 witch in real measurements is closer to a 4+3 and have plenty of clearance. I am just over 50 wide with my 11 inch rears at the stiffest setting on the shocks.

Thanks are they 28" tires you are running and do you have to run it on stiffest setting or is that your preference
No way r u going to fit 28"s on a touring without a lift and 1" spacers. I'm running 27's and on hard bumps/Jumps. She's rubbing easy! Normal riding no issues.

·
Registered
964 Posts
:hmmm:...so I am wondering if the 25.5" Pitbull or 26" BH 2.0 tires will fit my XP Touring with no rub issues...even if I do not do the foot rest mod???

biz
:question:

·
Registered
765 Posts
biz,

my 25.5 rockers haven't rubbed on the back. but i haven't carried a passenger yet either, but my shocks are on the softest setting. if i carry a passenger i normally crank the shocks up to get the most ground clearance. i don't think you'll have a problem with the 25.5 rockers.

·
Registered
964 Posts
biz,

my 25.5 rockers haven't rubbed on the back. but i haven't carried a passenger yet either, but my shocks are on the softest setting. if i carry a passenger i normally crank the shocks up to get the most ground clearance. i don't think you'll have a problem with the 25.5 rockers.

That was exactly what I wanted to here! Thanks Ransom. I'll be ordering my set at the end of the month...

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed a set of 28" Big Horn 2.0's on my 2012 850 touring. They do rub on bigger bumps with the softest spring setting. I'm going to trim the bracket and see how that works out. Dont want to lift it or add spacers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just installed a set of 28" Big Horn 2.0's on my 2012 850 touring. They do rub on bigger bumps with the softest spring setting. I'm going to trim the bracket and see how that works out. Dont want to lift it or add spacers.
Looks good, what tire width do you get and how do they ride? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they are 9" on the front and 11" on the rear. Not positive.

They seem pretty good, played in the snow a little and plowed some snow.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they are 9" on the front and 11" on the rear. Not positive.

They seem pretty good, played in the snow a little and plowed some snow.

Very cool setup! Question: Can you post a pic directly from the rear?

biz
:veryhappy:

81 - 100 of 124 Posts