Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new machine so my wife can ride my 800, been looking at how factory mud machines are always based on the 2 up chassis and wondering if its worth it in most peoples opinions to go that route, should I be looking at a 2 up machine juts for the extra length to help get in and out of holes?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well if your looking at an 850, its either a sportsman XP or a touring for length, 850 x2 was only made one year I think. The 550 is available in all 3.
That said I cant remember seeing a long chassis polaris set up for mud.
Southern mud junkie and yokochrist have some vids of reg 850s goin as deep as it gets so I wouldn't worry about length. No regrets with my reg 850.
Just get some real mud tires and clutching and have fun.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if your looking at an 850, its either a sportsman XP or a touring for length, 850 x2 was only made one year I think. The 550 is available in all 3.
That said I cant remember seeing a long chassis polaris set up for mud.
Southern mud junkie and yokochrist have some vids of reg 850s goin as deep as it gets so I wouldn't worry about length. No regrets with my reg 850.
Just get some real mud tires and clutching and have fun.
touring x2 same thing, long wheel base any way.

Putting bigger tires on a long wheelbase XP is another issue.
They won't fit? Any information on what the fitment issue is?

Upgrade the axles also. Mud tires will break stock axles like a piece of candy.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4
I just switch them right away, even on my 800 I did the fronts but never bothered with the rears due to not having the issue with the whole off camber thing as well as the whole you know 20 some less horsepower.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Putting bigger tires on a long wheelbase XP is another issue.
They won't fit? Any information on what the fitment issue is?
Yeah I just put 26X11 Pro Comp Xtrac's on stock wheels on the back of my X2. I had to cut the rear footrest mounts to stop tires from rubbing there. Now the still rub over big bumps on the rear fenders. Do yourself a favor and get a regular XP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts