Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Polaris XP1000EPS is blowing the chassis fuse. This happened about a year ago and I took it to the dealer and they fixed it (supposedly). The symptoms are first, the four wheel drive indicator on the display disappears. Then the check engine light also comes on. The code indicates a short to ground. The forums suggest checking all of the wiring for wear (which I have done), but could not find anything. The other symptom is the headlights go out. I have narrowed it down to removing both battery terminals, and changing the fuse. Once that is done, the dash 4wd indicator comes back on. I can put the switch into turf mode, 2wrear and 4wd. The display changes as it should. But it is locked in 2 wheel rear drive. When the head lights are turned off the fuse will hold. But it is still locked in 2WD. If I turn the head lights on, the fuse will blow. I have the extended warranty. BUT, the last time I took it to the dealer he said this was not covered under the warranty because I added a horn and light bar. I appealed to Polaris and they gave me a one time Good Will and covered the repairs less the deductible. I hate to take it back and have the same thing happen. I have not added anything to the electrical system since the dealer has repaired it last year. We live pretty rural in Northern Wisconsin and the dealer is about 25 miles away. I have also checked all of the wiring for the headlights and can find nothing worn or degraded.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,065 Posts
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,065 Posts
You have a POSITIVE wire chafed and rubbing agnist the GROUND somewhere. Start pulling the plastics off and get a better look at the wiring. First place I would check is just under the headlight pod by the steering column, its a known place to chafe everytime you turn the handlebars. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts