Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stuck to many times.... and it's VERY heavy.. as you all know!

What's the consensus on snow tracks?
Who makes em?
Who sells em?
What's best?
What do you look for when buying?
What will you spend?

Just a couple questions.... lol
Thanks!!
:beerchug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been stuck to many times.... and it's VERY heavy.. as you all know!

What's the consensus on snow tracks?

Who makes em?

Who sells em?

What's best?

What do you look for when buying?

What will you spend?

Just a couple questions.... lol

Thanks!!

:beerchug:

How deep of snow you going through? I go through 12 to 18 inches without a problem. I have bighorn 2 tires stock size?

·
Registered
60 Posts
When the snow depth exceeds the ground clearence of the a arms you stop.
all ATVs do it not just PoPo's. Just came back from ice fishing 10" on the flats
everyone on the lake was in trouble

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How deep of snow you going through? I go through 12 to 18 inches without a problem. I have bighorn 2 tires stock size?
I have Maxxis Bighorn, live in Canada... snow is deep! and it gets stuck!!

When the snow depth exceeds the ground clearence of the a arms you stop.
all ATVs do it not just PoPo's. Just came back from ice fishing 10" on the flats
everyone on the lake was in trouble
LOL,yes of course.... but you don't always have the luxury of JUST turning back....

Which is why I started this thread! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can't really use my ATV on the snowmobile trails that get me to the deep snow here at home. ATV's are not allowed but I actually wonder about an atv with tracks. I just hop on one of my sleds. This year, there is so much snow, I'd be high centered a lot with tracks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
LOL! My 550xp gets stuck in this years deep stuff. We should have the same ground clearance and thats the problem. Not enough ground clearance, or too deep of snow!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Not sure what part of Canada you live in, but there was a set of tracks on Craigslist in Maine for $2500 from an 850.

it seems those who have them, love them. for me i wouldnt use them enough to justify the purchase.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If its powder I can plow through 2 feet plus with my scrambler. I run mega mayhems. I was just pushing snow up over the front of my wheeler two weekends ago

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have an xp, but a 500 ho and I got pretty close to being stuck with nothing around to winch on to.. slowly putted back home and parked, Roughly 2ft or more of snow, 4inches on ice under it , was quite a ride
Waiting for some of this crap to go, dying to get out in my new tires and gear..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm just south of Chicago and I got buddies that are having a hard time with their sleds in this snow. 2 ft of fresh powder is rough for lots of machines

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Polaris and camoplast (tatou 4s) both make track sets for the Polaris. Both have good reviews and little to no issues from what I've read.

I've also read on this forum that a member was told by his dealer that anything other than Polaris tracks would void his warranty. While I think that's a load of crap, it is something to consider if that situation is applicable to you as well.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
I wasn't quite sold on them till I tried some and it was game on! I run sleds to but their mountain machines and I don't want to tear them up riding them down home. I bought a slightly used set of Polaris tracks for $2500 with the mounting hardware they work great, not sure what I would do if I got stuck with them on but that hasn't happened yet so no worries LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got 28 in swamp lites on my 850 and ive been breaking trail for all the Honda guys lol I cant believe I just said that poor Honda guys

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Can't really use my ATV on the snowmobile trails that get me to the deep snow here at home. ATV's are not allowed but I actually wonder about an atv with tracks. I just hop on one of my sleds. This year, there is so much snow, I'd be high centered a lot with tracks.
In WA state it isn't legal to ride any vehicle that didn't come from the factory with rear track(s) and front skis on officially groomed snowmobile trails. I've always wanted to pick up one of these Ski Doo Elites since it would be legal. IIRC they have two sled tracks in back.

Even the older models would be cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts