Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
thank you i was looking earlier and found somethinh but it didn't list the didn't list the motor to the model number so i wanted to make sure that it was correct

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
what would you reccomend doing to add more power and torque??? i ask these questions because this is my first wheeler and im learning.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
It's a 2 stroke - to get more power out of the engine, have it bored and ported for low end, get an expansion for more top end power, have the cylinder ported for an overall increase - more torque, gear it down.

Or save the expense of the performance work and get a 400 or 500

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
would a 400 top end fit on my lower? could i put one of those on and add a liquid cool into this machine. this what I've been thinking about doing and trying to fibd info out. i see i would need to add a liquid cooling system along with a new carburetor.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
You can fit a 96 or 97 air cooled Xpress 400 top end on, but a liquid cooled top end is no go - it would be easier to take a liquid cooled 400 and swap the entire engine, but then you have to deal with differences in ignition systems, find a way to mount a radiator, the plumbing and wiring..............

It's your dime - spend it however you want to

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just buy this..... 90 HP, liquid cooled, has all the torque and power you will be able to handle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
so today i brought this machine into my neighbors garage to work on on front hubs. i hooked a battery charger to the battery to see if i could get more of a magnetic pull. and my fan decided it wanted to spin. i was surprised to see that so i just got to get a new petcock

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i stopped drinking 3 weeks ago and i dont do drugs. thank you for assuming. you asked for an answer i gave you one. you didn't need to be a dick about what i found out.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts