Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 XPLORER 250. i finally got the new hilliard clutch and the new plates in and i had the awd working for a few minutes. it was the first time i ever saw the awd light work on the switch. all of a sudden the light went out and awd stopped working. not sure if the battery charge is important but it was reading 12.50v. used atf in the hubs. any guesstamates???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i went out this morning and fired up the beast, put her in forward, hit the awd switch and boom, awd light is lit up. took her out to the ski mountain and ran her for 15 minutes. awd working, would disingage when i turned her off. pulled back into the garage thinking repairs were complete. 10 mins later i turned the key and my awd is nowhere to be found. no light when i flip the awd switch. i did notice that when i was coming through the woods coming hm it was idling down to where it would stall if i didnt hit the throtle which shes never done and its not a tempurature/jetting issue because i had it out in much colder temps last week. just took switch apart to clean it but the continuity checked out as the schematics say it should. just not sure about that thumb throtle trigger switch. looks like i should have no cont under "normal opperating conditions" as per the schematics. any ideas?????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update. worked then didnt. when i put test light on either the brown/white to frame ground OR grey to frame ground, (wires to hubs) turn key to on and put in forward, the test light goes on. i thought the brown was a ground. HELP!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update: cleaned conections last night. could not get awd switch to light up. so frustrated. went back out to the garage a few hrs later hit the switch and awd switch lit up. this is insane. CAN SOMEONE HELP?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem resolved!!! cut the 2 brown/wh hub wires and spliced the 4 ends into 1 good ground on the coil. thanks old polaris tech

1 - 5 of 5 Posts