Polaris ATV Forum banner

xplorer 300 and 400 transmissions

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Brent Spears 
#1 ·
Hello all, can somebody please tell me the difference between the 300 transmission and the 400 transmission. It looks like they have the same input and output shafts. Model numbers on the transmissions are definitely different. 1341157 for the 400 and 1341146 on the 300. Pulled the engine out on my 400 to do a full rebuild and looked at the mod number on the transmission and it appears it's out of a 300. It's making some noise so I picked up a good used transmission with the correct model number for a 400. What kind of differences should I expect?

Thanks as always

Brent

#2 ·
Hello all, can somebody please tell me the difference between the 300 transmission and the 400 transmission. It looks like they have the same input and output shafts. Model numbers on the transmissions are definitely different. 1341157 for the 400 and 1341146 on the 300. Pulled the engine out on my 400 to do a full rebuild and looked at the mod number on the transmission and it appears it's out of a 300. It's making some noise so I picked up a good used transmission with the correct model number for a 400. What kind of differences should I expect?

Thanks as always

Brent
Someone must know the diffrences

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply, it is a 1995 400 and a 1996 300 transmission based on numbers . That's what I could determine also. I appreciate the input. Just trying to find out if there's a drastic difference. The whole time I've owned the 400 it's had a 300 transmission in it.

Brent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.