Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! So I have a 96 Polaris Xplorer 300 with the 2 stroke motor. As of recently the rear chain came off of the "teeth" and is currently stuck between the metal.. the tension on the chain is just so tight and I cant seem to loosen it to get it removed. I've been struggling with this for weeks now and any help would be much appreciated as I want to get back to riding! Thanks!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
That's a lovely picture - I see the chain is on the sprocket, so what's the problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had that problem several years ago on my brother's 95 Explorer 250 (2 stroke). The problem was the teeth of the front sprocket {and rear} and chain were very worn. The chain slipped on the teeth and bunched up around the front sprocket jamming it solid. We tried almost everything and couldn't get it free. We finally managed to cut the chain with a Dremel. Needed the flex head on the Dremel to get the cut grinder disk in there. Still required some muscle to free it. Replaced the two sprockets and the chain. Still runs great. Fun machine!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts