Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Brian I am new here. I just bough a 2001 polaris xplorer. The motor is all new, it was rebuilt less then 3 hours on it. Today I took it out riding and it was running good at first, once it warmed up it was starting rough and if I gave the bike more then 1/4 to 1/2 throttle it would bog down real bad and if I didn't let out of it the bike would stall. So I rode the day at a 1/4 throttle... Loaded it on the truck, drove the 1 hour home.. The bike fired right up with no hesitation or bog at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.... I think I might have found the problem....the vent line from the carb, right by where the air box connects was sitting on the exhaust and melted 99% shut from sitting on the exhaust. I cut the melted shut tip off off and re routed the vent and it is running amazing!... Do you think that could have been the cause?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well.... I think I might have found the problem....the vent line from the carb, right by where the air box connects was sitting on the exhaust and melted 99% shut from sitting on the exhaust. I cut the melted shut tip off off and re routed the vent and it is running amazing!... Do you think that could have been the cause?
Definitely, mine did the same thing, Buddy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I went riding today, that was def. the issue! Runs amazing now! Also installed snorkels on it over the weekend and tested the out today too... Works awesome!! No water! Was in water up to the top of the fuel cap... Checked all fluids and the belt compartment... No water! Burnt my venom winch up... But other then that it was an awesome day of riding!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Buddy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good hearing. keep clean up care machine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts